Our client is a national food ingredient manufacturer based in the suburbs of Chicago that is looking to add a key member to their team. You will focus on packaging engineering projects.
- You will be highly involved in the development of new packaging to decide the capability of running on existing equipment and/or if new equipment needs to be acquired
- With the above ..... the ability to speak with vendors regarding needs and ideas is very important for the procurement of the equipment
- Technical expertise in packaging materials, processes, systems and equipment interface.
- On your feet thinking to trouble shoot and forecast any issues that may arise and be prepared for it
- Create and edit all plant drawings and equipment specs as needed
- Manage and follow all work flow and keep projects moving on time and within budget
- You are able to work in a team setting and are self-motivated
- You are able to include and implement Continuous Improvement and Cost Saving initiatives in your efforts
- You have a hands-on approach with the ability to share time in the office and on the plant floor
- Strong proficiency in pallet programs-TOPPS or CAPE, specification database management, and MS Office
- Flexible films, rigid plastics, corrugated, and decorating technologies
- Previous Project Management
- Foods and/or Dairy industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Packaging Engineering discipline
- 3-7 years' experience in a similar role
Along with a generous compensation and benefits package you will become part of a cohesive team working together to improve operations in a growing international company.
EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY: You must be legally authorized to work in the USA without the need for sponsorship now or in the future