Nurse Clinician - Ambulatory Infusion Clinic
Coordinates and performs total nursing care for patients in the ambulatory infusion clinic setting, administers skilled nursing care; participates in teaching patients and significant others medical management; provides leadership by working cooperatively to establish priorities and goals of patient care for patients in Infusion Clinics. Represents self in a professional and ethical manner at all times. Provides service to clinics in the indicated service area.
- 1-2 years current nursing experience in a clinical specialty involving infusion therapy.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and active Registered Nurse license.
- Prior experience working with chronically ill populations.
- CRNI or other infusion specialization is desirable.
- CPR certification required.
- Ability to complete a patient assessment, have venous access skills and emergency patient care.
- A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers.
- Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills in handling interactions with Infusion staff, other agencies, groups, patients and families.
- Competent in use of company email as means of communication, accessing the company website to view company policies and electronic medical records.
- Competent in the use of company self-service payroll software (time and attendance, benefits, pay statements).
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office products and the ability to navigate Internet Explorer. Proficient in typing, word processing (Microsoft Outlook/Express, Word, Excel), and familiar with office equipment.
- Proficient in the operation of CPR+.
- This position requires a knowledge of, and sensitivity to, cultural and language differences.
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- There are a number of deadlines associated with this position. The employee must also multi-task and interact with a wider variety of people on various and, at times, complicated issues.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to frequently stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, talk and hear. There may be prolonged periods of sitting, keyboarding, reading, as well as driving or riding in transport vehicles. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include reading, distance, computer, and color vision. Talking and hearing are essential to communicate with patients, vendors and staff.
- Must be able to work as a team member and develop productive and cooperative working relationships with all members of the Palmetto Infusion team.
Essential Duties, functions & Responsibilities
- Provides infusion and other skilled nursing care to patients including, but not limited to:
- Patient assessment and reassessment
- Patient and caregiver education/teaching
- Development and revision of the Plan of Care and the Plan of Treatment
- Implementation of physician orders
- Monitoring patient response
- Response to emergency patient needs
- Psychosocial support
- Provides pre-discharge patient assessments when appropriate.
- Completes all required patient care documentation and reports accurately.
- Submits all required patient care documentation and reports in a timely manner.
- Communicates to supervisor, physicians and other health care providers, as appropriate, any changes in patient’s condition.
- Maintains courteous demeanor at all times.
- Communicates with peers, supervisors and all other employees in a non-threatening manner.
- Takes initiative to present ideas and suggestions to leadership.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain calm under pressure and cope with changing environment.
- Takes professional responsibility for self-protection during required work in potentially hazardous situations (e.g., handling of cytoxic agents, handling of blood and body fluids).
- Maintains knowledge and proficiency in medical practices through continuing education, staff meetings, and workshops, and home study.
- Participates in the orientation of other staff as requested.
- Supports the marketing efforts of PI by assisting the sales team and providing educational programs to referral sources as requested.
- Takes on call responsibility as assigned for AIC and Home IV to provide 24 hour availability according to protocols.
- Participates in Performance Improvement processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all federal, state, county, and municipal laws, rules, ordinances and regulations applicable to the nurse practice act in the performance of obligations herein, as well as with applicable PI policies and personnel qualifications.
- In performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees and contract employees of Infusion are expected to conform to the following:
- Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards of the healthcare industry.
- Display a neat, clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Interact in an honest, trustworthy and dependable manner with patients, employees and vendors.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Maintain a current insurable driver's license.
- Maintain professional licensure, certification and health requirements as required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary functions of this job. Normal office conditions exist, and the noise level in the work environment can vary from low to moderate. Limited overnight travel may be required from time to time.