Master Black Belt- Manufacturing
Cameron Craig Group Lafayette, IN
- Expired: September 15, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Continuous Improvement (CI)Master Black Belt will be responsible for building, deploying and sustaining continuous improvement capabilities across the organization while leading a portfolio of strategic initiatives supporting the Company goals. The position will act as a lead change agent forprocess improvement implementations and improvement of capabilities of people and systems. This position will foster a culture of continuous improvement and sustainment while facilitating and educating continuous improvement tools across the organization.
The CI Master Black Belt will also take part as lead educator in helping to maintain and improve the Company CI training curriculum. The candidate will be responsible for leading training classes of all types from Lean, Green Belt and Black Belt to Senior Executives while also reviewing and approving certifications.
The candidate will support, coach and mentor to both business leaders as well as CI team members embedded across the company but with a primary focus in our Operations located in our Mid-West region (IL, IN). Coaching of the belts will ensure consistent use of the methodology and growth of our employees. The incumbent will be an advocate for embedding continuous improvement programs within the company and driving other CI tools such as Visual Management and Digital Transformation practices throughout the Company.
* Lead trainer for internal Lean Six Sigma training courses in assigned areas.
* Maintain and improve upon the CI training curriculum including Black, Green, Lean, Awareness, MBB, and Kaizen materials.
* Assist in standardizing and sharing Best-In-Class continuous improvement practices throughout the organization.
* Mentor and coach Black Belts, Green Belts and other members of project teams primarily in target region
* Master Black Belts will communicate with employees at all levels of the company. They must be able to speak the language of CI and Lean 6 Sigma effectively from Belts up to Senior Executives
* Oversight in setting up SMART Operations (Digital Transformation) with the Black Belts in their respective departments and a Visual Management process to monitor performance and engage employees
* Provide oversight of CI project portfolio and work with CI teams to strengthen the pipeline through KPI awareness and Value Stream Mapping activities
* Lead and facilitate strategic level CI projects at the Department or Business Unit level
* Act as a change agent to foster and support a daily work improvement culture throughout the organization
* Participate/facilitate process improvement and strategic goal setting sessions throughout the business
* Collaborate with internal partners to ensure effective integration of initiatives as well as to foster collaborative and organizational learning
* Analyze opportunities as well as guide and plan actions around continuous improvement initiatives
* Assist in the development of Global Operations CI strategies
* Supports the business in decision making through data and interpretation from a Continuous Improvement perspective
* Ability to work with Finance and Black Belts to influence Project Validation Process
* Participate in the Plants Governance and Priority Sessions and influence Project selection
* Have ability to influence with limited authority
* Plant/Support function pipeline development and project execution / on time completion of projects
* Number of Black/Green Belts trained and certified
* Number of new project ideas submitted
* Delivery of project goals/benefits through effective coaching
* Proper use and mastering of methodology and tools
* Bottom line savings of projects
* Team facilitation
* Mentor and coach
* Teaching / Training - effective facilitation skills with ability to translate theory into practical application
* Change Agent - strong leadership and teaming capabilities with the ability to operate independently and affect change across functions
* Communication (Verbal and Written) with strong negotiation capability
* Computer skills (especially Minitab and Companion)
* Problem solving
* Strong business acumen with ability to balance short and long term strategies
* Effective analytical skills
* Experience interacting with diverse cross functional teams including manufacturing, engineering, finance, quality, supply chain and sales
* Ability to recognize and evaluate new project ideas
* Requires a bachelors degree in Engineering or related technical field or equivalent work experience. Masters degree preferred. Requires Lean 6 Sigma (LSS) Black Belt training and certification. LSS Master Black Belt training preferred. Willingness to travel up to 40%+.
* Requires 10 or more years of experience leading complex Continuous Improvement and/or Process Improvement programs across a wide range of business units. Proven track record coaching, teaching and mentoring using the CI methodology and tool set. Experience in leading and or managing CI team would be preferred. Process, chemical or food industry experience preferred.
Cameron Craig Group
TechnologyView all jobs at Cameron Craig Group