Market Intelligence Analyst (Syndicated -- IRI/Nielsen/NPD)
Cameron Craig Group Detroit, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
Syndicated Market Intelligence Analyst
The market intelligence analysis will filter and clean data, then analyze it using appropriate tools. The ideal candidate will have experience in a statistical or analytical environment including capabilities like SQL, SAS or SPSS, Power BI & Advanced Excel knowledge. They will also be able to integrate data from disparate sources. Finally, the successful candidate will be able to structure analytical outputs in visually appealing ways for absorption and interpretation by executive stakeholders.
The market intelligence analyst needs to be able to confidently understand data’s correct applications and limitations – focusing on what data can and cannot tell us and when to apply different analytic techniques. With this knowledge, they are able to communicate insights that their clients can trust.
The market intelligence analyst is the heart of the insights function – trusted to mine multiple sources of data and derive actionable insights. By translating varying perspectives into cohesive conclusions, the market intelligence analyst empowers the business to act to meet the needs of our customer.
- Manage data and information requests from cross-functional partners; work with other team members to prioritize and deliver against requests in a timely fashion.
- Support dissemination of category and industry trends through regular internal deliverables, informing business units and cross functional teams on key drivers of performance and future focus areas.
- Participate in a cross-functional environment to create a holistic and unified understanding of market and trend insights across disparate sources of data.
- Experience evaluating syndicated data and using these types of data marketplaces (ex. NPD, Edited, Nielsen) is required.
- Perform data collection and analysis across multiple data sources and tools, including syndicated data, industry resources, competitive information, and future trends to inform decisions.
- Provide guidance and insights on market share expansion & declines across key product and market segments.
- Integrate existing insights from internal and syndicated research sources to inform strategic priorities and develop brand, category, competitive, consumer and customer facts.
Required Skills And Experience
- Ability to develop and communicate strategic thinking, influence and lead others, and manage projects
- Experience participating in internal and external cross-functional teams and partnering across multiple business functions
- Highly analytical, logical, structured problem solver
- Excellent communicator (both oral and written), with strong data-visualization skills
- MBA/Masters in Market Research preferred but not required
- 2-5 years of market research experience, preferably in a market research agency, consulting firm, retailer, or with a syndicated shopper insights provider.
- Experience with a wide variety of research methodologies and demonstrated ability to interpret syndicated data
- Experience and desire to explore new, behavioral science-based methods
- Ability to synthesize qualitative, quantitative, and syndicated data into insights
Cameron Craig Group
TechnologyView all jobs at Cameron Craig Group