The company is a rapidly-growing, non-automotive international manufacturer who is very profitable and extremely stable.
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, justifying, launching, and managing plant improvement projects. Key to this is the implementation of statistical analysis.
- The primary responsibility is cost and process improvement, from raw materials incoming into the plant, through manufacturing, and out to the customers. This could include trials on new raw materials, changes in tooling, changes in equipment, changing plant layouts, investigating new technologies for processing, and so forth.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures so that machine operators can be successful in their jobs and so that the work is standardized.
- Utilize DOE’s and SPC to “center” processes.
- Close involvement with new product launches and product enhancements. Work closely with all involved to get approvals if agency approvals are needed.
- BSME, BSIE, BSCh-E, or other similar technical degree REQUIRED.
- 4 years of hands-on manufacturing.
- 8 years in the role of Industrial Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer, or Continuous Improvement Engineer.
- Extremely strong knowledge of formal continuous improvement programs and the ability to implement CI theory such as 6-Sigma and Lean (TPS).
- Very Process-oriented individual with strong experience in documentation, process standardization, creating Work Instructions, SOP’s, etc.
- Requires very strong experience with Statistics, SPC, and analysis. Must be able to implement, analyze and adjust based on statistics.
- Experience with DOE’s would be a big plus.
- We need a “team player” and not an abrasive personality. You will have to interact with other plants and customers, and we need a great representative of the company here.
- Other helpful knowledge and skills would include 5-S, Fishbone Diagrams, Process/Value-stream mapping, TPM.