Cameron Craig Group Frederick, MD
- Expired: November 04, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
MES (MANUFACTURING & EXECUTION SYSTEMS) ENGINEER I
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) Engineer (known internally as Senior Manufacturing Engineer I) in our new biotechnology facility in Frederick, Maryland. Under minimal supervision, we will ask you to take on a leadership role during the design, start-up, commissioning and qualification of the sites Automation infrastructure and systems. You will work closely with the corporate IT function while collaborating with the sites Quality, Engineering, Facilities, and Supply Chain units.
* You will be responsible for handling and maintaining automation-based systems and solutions which provide for flexible, creative, cost effective, compliant and quality-focused environment. The automation systems include:
* Primary Software Platform Responsibilities
* MES (Werum PAS|X System)
* Deploy MES core upgrades with vendor support
* Deploy MES hot fixes with vendor support
* Responsible for master data configuration and specification updates
* Responsible for system SOPs
* System troubleshooting
* User account management
* Finite Scheduling Software (BIO G and sedApta)
* Integration Support Responsibilities
* ERP System (Oracle EBS and SAP)
* Site Historian System (OSIsoft PI historian)
* Site Process Control PLC or DCS based System (Future)
* Siemens Desigo Building Management System (HVAC, critical Utilities)
* Siemens Desigo Equipment Monitoring System (GMP Equipment Monitoring)
* You will implement automation changes to existing control system hardware and software, and supervises modifications done by outside vendors, including development of specifications and testing documentation.
* PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, with 2+ years of relevant experience or
* MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology with 8+ years of relevant experience or
* BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology with 10+ years of relevant experience or
* HS Diploma and 14+ years of relevant experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Sustain plant automation engineering operations
* Support GMP system change via change controls, deviations, and CAPAs.
* Automation Projects and CapEx: Developing, planning and implementing automation based projects and solutions in collaboration with multi-functional teams, including determination and delivery on cost, time and quality to ensure the sustained production, successful product launches and customer satisfaction.
* Work with Global and Site Operation Technology (OT) groups to align MES and Finite scheduling platforms.
* Coordinate projects that are new facilities and/or retrofit of existing.
* Support the validation of automation systems with Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Engineering (QE), and Validation.
* Provide leadership and/or technical support to projects in support of the Capital Plan.
* Provide advanced technical expertise and advanced automation technical knowledge for troubleshooting, investigations and training.
* Provide advanced automation system hardware support including installation and advanced automation system design for data integrity, stability and interface between different systems.
* Ensure effective maintenance and availability of automation equipment.
* Handle automation changes to existing control system hardware and software, supervising hardware and software modifications done by outside vendors, and development of specifications and testing documentation.
* Possesses good communication skills to promote cross function discussions and communications
* Experience working on cross functional teams to obtain project deliverables
* Experience with systems investigation and root cause analysis tools
* Experience with MES, CMMS, BMS, and/or DCS program design and implementation.
Cameron Craig Group
TechnologyView all jobs at Cameron Craig Group