Lead Substation Electrical Engineer
Cameron Craig Group Kansas City, MO
- Posted: over a month ago
Locations: Kansas City MO, Boston MA, Augusta ME, Rochester NY
Top shelf engineering firm is seeking experienced Substation Electrical Engineer to lead electric substation design projects for high-voltage utility systems and renewable energy interconnection projects. The scope of work will encompass high level engineering designs ranging from 4kV - 500kV. Position will be responsible for development of physical layout of equipment, protection and control logic, elementary and wiring diagrams and will be required to supervise subordinate engineers and designers to assure the quality of design deliverables. Position will also be responsible for specification and procurement of engineered equipment, as well as development of design scope and cost estimates. This is client-facing position and requires excellent communication skills.
- Perform all aspects of design for high voltage (4kV – 230kV) and EHV (above 230kV) substation projects from conceptual stages to successful completion in terms of safety, reliability, functional performance and adherence to scope, schedule and budget.
- Interface with other technical disciplines and project management & construction teams through all phases of assigned projects.
- Interface with various clients as Senior Engineer. Respond to client questions and comments. Monitor and resolve client issues.
- Assist in the development of cost-effective and reliable station layout including plan views, elevation views, grounding plans, conduit plans and specifications for major primary equipment.
- Provide technical support during construction and commissioning stages. Resolve complex technical problems and provide solutions.
- Perform insulation coordination studies and engineering calculations for substation ground grids, station battery sizing, lightning protection, voltage drop, short circuit analysis, and SL&P transformer sizing.
- Review and approve electrical permit packages, and construction drawings to assure all engineering standards, construction standards and safety codes are met.
- Review and provide comments and approve control and layout constructions drawings
- Provides training to current employees on a periodic basis so that they are abreast of all latest requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required with power related courses or relevant experience
- Minimum of 8 years' hands-on experience as a Substation Electrical Engineer working with high voltage substation design - physical.
- Professional Engineering Registration (PE) and/or EIT designation.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable in substation design methods and their application
- Strong proficiency with software programs such as Bentley Microstation, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or CDEGS.
- Candidate must be experienced in participating on engineering teams and multiple projects
- Must work well with supervisors, other electrical, mechanical, and civil/structural engineers, designers and CAD operators
- Salary is dependent upon experience
- Relocation assistance
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Must be authorized to work in US
Cameron Craig Group
AddressKansas City, MO
ManufacturingView all jobs at Cameron Craig Group