Cameron Craig Group Ridgecrest, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance of power plant and all associated equipment in accordance with procedures, guidelines, and operating directives in effect. Provides support services for all types of remote/local measuring and indicating equipment and systems including, but not limited to; calibration, tap cleaning, equipment inspection, repair and testing/troubleshooting. Ensures proper operation of all control valves. Supply technical guidance to various departments and facilities as requested. Trains and guides less experienced maintenance personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned as needed)
- Adheres to, supports and complies with all company safety and environmental policies and Ensures all employees, contractors and visitors conduct themselves safely and within company policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Understands and follows proper procedures for control and shipment of all hazardous waste streams.
- Performs corrective, predictive, and preventive maintenance as directed on instrumentation Compiles records and reports, and maintains a daily log.
- Provides diagnosis as to the cause of instrument malfunctions, or failure of associated operational equipment.
- Plans, directs, or records periodic instrumentation testing, and recommends or initiates modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards.
- Responsible for testing, calibrating, and repairing all deficiencies associated with control valves and their associated components.
- Develops instrument diagrams, layout drawings and engineering specifications for system or equipment modification or expansion.
- Oversees instrumentation installation by third party
- Maintains the plant area, shop equipment, tools and grounds in a clean and safe condition at all times.
- Takes immediate corrective action in response to emergency situations to minimize safety hazards and to reduce damage or downtime to the plant and its equipment.
- Directs self and others in the monitoring and performing of maintenance work as Typical maintenance work includes, but is not limited to; disassembly, repair, and assembly of small and medium size equipment; calibrating equipment, and troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Operates various pieces of heavy equipment, such as forklifts, cranes, man lifts, machine tools and instrumentation test equipment in the performance of maintenance work.
- Reads, interprets, and implements technical information such as drawings, manufacturer's data, and operating and maintenance procedures.
- Documents equipment problems, writes work orders, work instructions and maintenance repair requests. Writes and issues clearance to ensure safety. Maintain a log of all open and closed clearances.
- Trains to improve personal skills and the skills of co-workers related to the job and/or required Provides technical guidance, supervision, and hands on training regarding instrumentation.
- Provides technical guidance regarding instrumentation systems and equipment to the l&E Maintenance Tech and/or Maintenance Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE - High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; completion of applicable technical or vocational training, including completion of an accredited instrumentation apprenticeship program; 3-4 years related power plant maintenance experience. Desired qualifications: Knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical equipment, systems construction, capacities limitations, theories of operation and operating procedures. Knowledge of plant design and equipment locations, valve configurations, and normal range of flows, temperatures, levels, etc, for common production levels. Knowledge of complex instrumentation and automatic control systems. Safe use of tools, plant safety rules, probable causes of equipment and systems malfunctions. Knowledge of heavy equipment operation, Basic knowledge of electrical test equipment and troubleshooting. Basic to intermediate computer skills in word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
Cameron Craig Group
ManufacturingView all jobs at Cameron Craig Group