Industrial Engineer Summary:
Develops and provides technical expertise in standard labor analysis and lean manufacturing. Develops and maintains the plant layout, process flow, PFMEA, operator instructions and training, PEIL analysis, and equipment.
Industrial Engineer Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update process books.
- Develop and maintain process flow.
- Develop, lead and maintain PFMEA (Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis).
- Develop and maintain Operator description sheets.
- Complete time studies.
- Develop and maintain Potential Ergonomics Issues List.
- Provide updates and maintain a current Plant Layout which matches the floor.
- Ensure all documents match (Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, ODS’s, etc).
- Re-balance lines to meet direct labor goal and maintain road map to goal.
- Provide technical support to plant safety team, quality, materials, accounting, and maintenance.
- Provide technical support for equipment.
- Implement best business practices as it relates to material flow.
- Provide technical support and evaluate and implement best business practices as it applies to value add and non-value add.
- Develop and maintain indirect material handling labor tool and balancing.
- Support key initiatives and core projects as required.
- Assist with creating part numbers and Bill of Materials.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Must have 4 years engineering experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Working experience in a manufacturing assembly facility.
- Strong computer skills required (MS Office, AutoCad, etc.).
- Strong Leadership and Interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, presentation, and teamwork skills – ability to write clear and concise technical documentation is required.