Cameron Craig Group Greensburg, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The IT Technician’s role is to provide first-tier hardware and software technical support for computer, telephone, mobile device, and other equipment to the corporate and store locations. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain expectations. The person will troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, remote support tools, ticket system, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Notify management to emerging trends in incidents.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist in software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform PC, printer, phone and other IT related equipment improvements, upgrades, repairs and patches.
- Perform on and offsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from supported personnel.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Accurately record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, actions taken through to final resolution.
- Access diagnostic utilities, software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking, patching, and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Collaborate with system/network administrators and third party support to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
- Test fixes and follow up with end user to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications:
Formal Education & Certification
- Certificate degree from a technical school/college and 3+ years prior work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelors degree preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of basic computer and networking hardware.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Microsoft Server 2012-2019 and Windows 7 – Windows 10.
- Knowledge of managing Android and IOS devices through a mobile device management platform.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols and standards that are included in the TCP/IP stack.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Effective relationship-building skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Corporate office, stores, and warehouse environment
- Ability to travel independently to stores regularly with occasional overnight travel.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy (up to 50 lbs) to moderately heavy objects, such as computers, printers, and peripherals.
- On-call availability
Cameron Craig Group
TechnologyView all jobs at Cameron Craig Group