Title: Hospice RN Case Manager
Job Summary: Primary functions are to administer skilled nursing care for clients of all ages in their place of residence, coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, patient/family and referring agency; and assumes the responsibility for coordination of care.
- Current State license as a Registered Nurse, current State Driver’s License
- Two years’ experience as an Registered Nurse in a clinical care setting preferred, hospice or home health preferred.
Skills: Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice. Good interpersonal skills. Proof of Hepatitis consent/declination. Specialized skills preferred in palliation and end-of-life.
- Initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the impact of the terminal disease of patients.
- Implement the individualized POC and recommend revisions to the plan as necessary.
- Consulting with and educating the patient/family regarding disease process, self-care techniques, end-of-life care, nutrition and dietary needs. Providing training to other staff as needed.
- Initiating appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Preparing clinical and progress notes that demonstrate progress toward established goals.
- Coordinating all patient/family services and prioritization of needs with the members of the IDT.