This position to the VP of Sales and Marketing. You are responsible for establishing and maintaining long-term relationships with distributors and end-users by developing, maintaining and expanding customer relationships at multiple levels with a variety of vendors. The position of Foodservice Sales Manager will be responsible for selling Beef products and programs into assigned territory. Territory could include domestic and international locations.
Essential Job Functions
- To show business growth in terms of volume and profitability by protecting and GROWING existing business while generating new business opportunities in (foodservice).
- Plan, coordinate, and execute branded programs and product development strategies.
- Enhance reputation and value with customers by providing guidance and strategy to grow brand.
- Conduct direct sales training and presentations
- Develop business plan for assign region and strategy for growth in region.
- Responsible for forecasting and meeting sales volumes within assigned territory
- Frequent face to face contact and maintain and develop solid POSITIVE sales relationships with current and targeted customers.
- Manage relationships with brokers as needed per customer request.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive protein sales experience or equivalent
- Has strong knowledge (foodservice/retail/commodity) and customer base
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated sales planning, forecasting and sales execution experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with customers, prospects and fellow employees.
- Strong aptitude to effectively interpret and use multiple information sources to develop customer specific tactical plans and options.