Director of Labor Management
Cameron Craig Group San Antonio, TX
- Expired: September 01, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION TITLE: Director of Labor Management
POSITION LOCATION: San Antonio, TX
The DIRECTOR OF LABOR MANAGEMENTdevelops and implements the strategic planning for labor and productivity management for assigned group, sets specific productivity goals to be accomplished, and directs the activities of the assigned Group aimed toward meeting those strategic goals. Identifies productivity opportunities and communicates recommended solutions appropriately with facility and group leaders. Follows company standard processes and utilizes standard tools to ensure consistency across the company. Collaborates with facility executives and department managers to continually improve productivity results. Participates in annual budget process and implements productivity changes as needed. The Director of Labor Management serves as a resource/member with the group COOs and facility based lean six sigma staff to complete of a minimum of 2 traditional facility Performance Improvement engagements on an annual basis. The position is also responsible for complying with corporate policy and procedures, managing resources, promoting teamwork and maximizing internal and external customer satisfaction.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Identifies productivity opportunities and recommends solutions to the appropriate facility and group individuals.
* Provides input on the utilization of LMRS or other applicable systems used to capture and report statistical values used for managing labor costs based on units of service.
* Maintains associated infrastructure to ensure that accurate and current data is available in productivity based tools (LMRS, Facility Position Control (FPC), Volume Forecasting, Staffing Grids, etc.).
* Provides training, at the department level, for LMRS, FPC tools and report interpretation.
* Continuously monitor productivity performance using recognized tools and software.
* Develops, oversees, and improves daily operations, policies, systems and procedures necessary to support cost reduction and system utilization goals.
* Oversees the position requisition process.
* Develops and implements standard staff scheduling process with departmental leaders to improve quality scheduling and staffing of labor at the operational level.
* Partners with facilities and nursing practice in identifying, quantifying, and executing cost-savings ideas and process efficiencies that improve patient care and utilization of resources.
* Serves as resource/member for the facilities in the completion of a minimum of 2 traditional facility Performance Improvement engagements on an annual basis.
* Directs standardization of operational policies and procedures across group as appropriate.
* Utilizes comparative data to target performance improvement opportunities.
* Ensures the delivery of consistent and accurate management reporting to accelerate decision making.
* Participates in facility and group budget planning.
* Serve as resource for productivity standard development.
* Provide weekly and monthly status updates on productivity performance across the Group.
* Accountable to the overall labor performance of the group
* Bachelors degree required.
* Masters degree preferred. Relative work experience may substitute for other degrees.
* Lean Six Sigma Black belt preferred.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE
* 5+ years relevant work experience.
* Experience within healthcare operations required.
* Experience with labor management systems preferred.
* List specific background skills required for this role.
* Must have advanced analytical skills.
* Candidate must be an expert in Excel, with Macro skills and be familiar with programming languages.SPSS and Tableau preferred.
* Advanced MS Office user, proficient with Pivot Tables, relational databases and data mining skills required.