Director of Development
Cameron Craig Group Cedar Rapids, IA
- Expired: July 26, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is looking for a passionate relationship builder who thrives on creating partnerships with purpose to join their organization as the DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT in beautiful Cedar Rapids, Iowa [
FIRST AND FOREMOST, our client is committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. They believe this commitment enables them to better meet their mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. Black, Indigenous, People of color, Women, LGBTQIA+, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to consider joining our client.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume with a cover letter that briefly explains why you are interested in this role, and what you bring to the table.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AS A DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
As the Director of Development (DOD), you will develop, lead and implement a strategy to increase the size, scope and capability of the non-profit organization. You will oversee, plan, and implement a comprehensive program for the organization that secures significant philanthropic resources from individuals, corporations, and foundations for entrepreneurship, innovation and technical education, both regionally and statewide.
* Managing the development team and leading efforts to fundraise in excess of $1.5 million annually in support of company programming and organizational priorities.
* Developing and communicating a vision with multi-year fundraising goals, and accountability to achieve these goals.
* Be deeply involved in a wide variety of projects and events that the organization operates.
* Overseeing grant seeking, including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
* Building a planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
* Maintaining and growing strategic relationships both outside (donors/corporate partners)) and within the organization.
* Developing and managing a portfolio of donors capable of making six-figure gifts over time.
* Conceiving, designing, and leading strategic initiatives and goals through collaboration with leadership in order to enhance overall performance in accordance with short and long-term objectives.
* Financial management of programs; setting budget and fundraising objectives, analyzing results, and taking corrective actions.
* Demonstrated ability to stay focused on the big picture and not get mired in the details.
* Providing regular updates, reports, and projections to our staff and our Board of Directors.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
* Approximately 7 years related experience in securing major gifts of $50,000 or more, including gifts of stock, real estate and other tangible assets, planned giving and multi-year fundraising campaigns.
* Donor stewardship experience, including building and maintaining long-term relationships with major donors, foundations and corporations, and other constituents.
* Demonstrated sales/business development experience.
* Grant writing experience.
* Budget creation and management experience.
* Experience managing and supervising a multidisciplinary team.
* Experience, coursework, or other training in principles, practices, and procedures of charitable giving, particularly in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts and planned giving.
* Exceptional, professional verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience developing marketing plans and strategies to support fundraising efforts.
* Strong public speaking, community relations, and PR skills. We want an inspiring and accountable leader able to collaborate with a number of community partners and stakeholders.
* Willingness to travel, as needed, to build donor relationships across the state of Iowa.
* Flexibility to work limited evening and weekend hours as needed for meetings, projects and events.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS THAT PUT YOU IN HIGH DEMAND!
* Knowledge in current and evolving trends in the fundraising and tech space
* Understanding of best practices in nonprofit leadership and management
* Social media expertise (Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
* Experience working in a mid-range, fast-paced, nonprofit environment
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent training/experience
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Google for Business
* Expertise in CRM systems
* Experience working in an Agile environment
HERE ARE SOME OF THE GREAT BENEFITS YOU WILL BE OFFERED
* Ability to work remotely- Due to COVID-19, the team is currently working remotely with a flexible plan to return to the officebut there is the potential for this job to be remote long-term.
* Health, dental, vision
* Open PTO Policy
* Simple IRA retirement plan with company match
* Paid holidays
Cameron Craig Group
AddressCedar Rapids, IA
Non ProfitView all jobs at Cameron Craig Group