Great opportunity to work for this growing company that works in many different industries! The industrial automation division is in need of a Controls Hardware Engineer to work closely with customers and design hardware for industrial automation systems serving a variety of markets. Our client is looking for strong technical leaders to help strengthen their team.
Reasons you should consider this opportunity:
- Profit sharing!
- Growing and diverse company!
- Reasonably priced health care premiums
- Enjoy working in a friendly and flexible work environment!
- Established client base!
- Company works on diverse projects from small to large
- Open culture, upper management is very accessible!
The ideal candidate must possess the following knowledge and understanding:
- UL 508A control panel hardware design
- Knowledge and ability to define and select proper components for bill of materials (BOM)
- Strong understanding of electrical schematics and CAD engineering support
- Ability to understand key technical and process information from customers and peers
- The ability to generate estimates, quotes, schematics and BOM per PM/engineering requests, specification and request for quotations
- Understanding of related electrical codes and standards, including UL508A, UL698A, NFPA 70, NFPA 79, NFPA 70E, ISO 13849
- Quote estimation, quoting process standardization, estimating tool support and development
- Create BOMs, schematics, layouts, guide end-process design concept, and provide guidance to designers and drafters
- Support project kickoff, design reviews
- Required: Minimum Associate’s Degree or equivalent job-related experience in the hardware design of UL 508A control panels, hardware process design, and industrial equipment design, estimating
- A successful candidate will have greater than 4 years of proven experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge
- Desired: Bachelor’s Degree in a technical engineering-related field
- Electrician license a plus
- CAD design experience a plus
- Controls PLC and HMI programming experience a plus