Cameron Craig Group Chicago, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Pre-IPO start up Pharma Company –Chicago, IL (Lincoln Park)–$150-200K + bonus up to 20%, stock options
- Role is open due to growth of the company; Company has recently gone thru a series of funding
- Will report to the CFO
- In office full-time
- Public accounting, start up client experience and pharma industry experience highly preferred
- Will be tasked with creating process and procedures
- The role will initially be an individual contributor role as the team is built out with help from the parent company accounting department
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
- 7+ years relevant experience
- Experience implementing accounting/ERP system
- Strong working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, communication, and interpersonal skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Self-motivated and curious with a strong desire for continuous learning
- Strong business acumen
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close, including all journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliation, accruals, reserve analysis and consolidation. Ensure proper internal controls as well as compliance with US GAAP.
- Responsible for the company’s federal, state, and local tax compliance.
- Responsible for evaluation of ERP system needs, making recommendations for enhancements or upgrades as appropriate.
- Perform project cost analysis, working with internal stakeholders to define cost and profitability metrics by project. Design and implement internal time and resource tracking tools, integrating with financial accounting and reporting systems as necessary.
- Coordinates annual independent audit and preparation of annual tax documents. Supports the CFO and third-party advisors regarding tax planning initiatives and transfer price activities.
- Directs budget preparation, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification for proposed budgets.
- Responsible for financial planning, analysis and projections including forecasting future revenues and expenditures to establish cost structures and determine capital budgeting for projects.
- Drafts, maintains, and monitors compliance with the company’s business related (i.e., non-regulatory) SOPs. Document new process flows and update existing process documentation as needed based on changes in the business.
- Manages all accounting functions including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, employee expense reporting, purchasing, bank operations and processes.
Cameron Craig Group
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Cameron Craig Group