Controller (Credit Union/Banking exp. rqd.)
Cameron Craig Group Charleston, SC
- Expired: August 10, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are searching for a Controller for Our South Carolina Credit Union Client, founded in the 1950’s. This potion is located at the HQ in Charleston, SC. Competitive compensation, relocation, benefits and retirements packages available.
Work from home option once you are settled at the CFO's discretion. MUST HAVE CREDIT UNION OR BANKING EXPERIENCE or YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED Controller candidates can come straight from a Public Accounting firm or another Financial Services Institution. Controller Overview Reporting directly to the CFO and managing a team of staff and senior staff accountant at their HQ in Charleston, SC, we are looking for a hands on Controller that can work well in a team setting, with previous supervisory experience.
Responsible for directing, coordinating, maintaining, and controlling an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position while safeguarding assets. Prepares reports for Senior Management, the board of directors, external users, and government agencies. Oversees budgeting, day to day financial accounting, branch statistical reporting, ATM balancing, investment accounting, and accounting information systems.
Performs financial and variance analyses and budget preparation. Responsibilities for the Controller: Oversees and owns the accuracy and the performance of the Accounting Team · Prepares regular reports and statements for leadership · Oversees the preparation of regulatory and governmental reports. Reviews financial information needed to ensure an accurate statement of the financial position to various regulatory agencies.
· Oversees the fixed assets including depreciation schedules and catalogs furniture, fixtures, and equipment. · Researches and resolves accounting errors and discrepancies. · Responsible for budget preparation and forecasting Internal and external financial reporting · Direct interaction as needed with external auditors and regulatory authorities.
· Oversees development and preparation of daily, monthly, annual, and other periodic financial statements and reports. Ensures that accounts and reports provide responsibility centers with adequate operating and financial data. · Coordinates audits of financial records and statements.
Creation and implementation of internal policies and procedures · Ensures that policies are in accordance with evolving regulations, legal requirements, accounting principles, and industry trends · Supervises the development and implementation of financial information and control systems, including general ledger, budgeting, loan/deposit/investment accounting, and other subsystems. · Modifies the reporting systems as needed. Internal and external financial services members · Aids and advises branch and department managers in handling accounting entries and reports and various comparative analyses.
· Interfaces with Information Technology personnel in the development and implementation of efficient accounting procedures consistent with new applications. Strong Supervisory Skills • Recruits, retains, mentors, develops and leads the Accounting Team with regular meetings • Analyzes training needs and develops programs to meet them. • Conducts performance appraisals as required.
Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed. Requirements for the Controller: 1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
2. 5 years of accounting and related supervisory experience preferred 3. Knowledge of Credit Union products and services and the understanding of related regulations, statutes, and filing requirements.
Benefits for the Controller · Sign-on bonus · 401(k) matching · Dental insurance · Disability insurance · Employee assistance program · Flexible schedule · Flexible spending account · Health insurance · Paid time off · Parental leave · Professional development assistance · Relocation assistance · Retirement plan · Vision insurance
Cameron Craig Group
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Cameron Craig Group