We are in search of an Accounting Supervisor who has a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with expert knowledge of GAAP for our healthcare client. Ideal candidate is someone who is working in a Senior Analyst role or perhaps somone who is already and Accounting Supervisor wanting more responsibility and wanting to align themselves with an organization who is always looking for those to promote from within.
To be considered you should also meet the following requirements:
- 4-6 years expereince in accounting or finance working in accounting,
- It is preferred this includes a combination of: 4+ years of similar experience at a top accounting firm. 4+ years of healthcare experience working with physician practices, hospitals/health systems, health plans or related types of entities
- Education: Bachelors, Masters Degree or MBA
- Certification: CPA or FHFMA is Preferred
- MUST HAVE: Financial Reporting, Oracle and Auditing experience
- MUST HAVE: The ability to speak with Leadership on all financial reporting
- Excellent with Microsoft office(Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with account analysis and reconciliations.
- Experience with major accounting and/or financial analysis software package(s), such as Lawson, Hyperion Financial Management(HFM), and/or Kauffman Hall. Also experience with SAP, Oracle and PeopleSoft are also acceptable.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across multiple projects and work streams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
While the above gives you a good idea of the DOINGS of the role, here are more details of what a typical day would look like for you:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, as well as reports for management and the board.
- Plays a significant role in the monthly close processes.
- Review and prepare journal entries to include sufficient documentation/support
- Review and analyze financial statements and general ledger accounts
- Review and prepare account reconciliations and schedules
- Review and prepare Hyperion journal entries
- Review and prepare joint venture and noncontrolling interest journal entries and reconciliations.
- Help supervise the daily work of other team members
- Provide training and mentoring to other team members.
- Perform research and analysis to resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Provide documentation and assist with coordination of internal and external audits
- Perform special projects and other analyses.
OUR CLIENT OFFERS SO MUCH MORE!
What is great about the area? So much! Not far from Washington DC and a train ride away from Baltimore, MD.
To learn more about this great opportunity, please email your resume to us along with your salary requirement.
Our client offers a full comprehensive benefits package including 401K, PTO, full Medical and much more. Salary is based on years of experience and level of education. This is a Mon-Fri position.Relocation available for the right candidate