Illinois and Iowa territories. Our client is a family owned bedrock employer - steel processing service center. They are a supplier, wholesaler and processor of steel coil and sheets selling directly to OEMS that make millions of household products, such as autos, bikes, motorcycles, appliances, tools, lawn and garden equipment, engines, and computers. This position is full-time outside sales role that is an integral part of the experienced and knowledgeable sales team. Or client offers excellent compensation, commissions, car allowance, cell phone, bonuses and benefits. This role will develop relationships and customers covering Illinois and Iowa.
- 10 or more years of outside industrial sales experience in Illinois, selling to steel mills and manufacturers of products that utilize hot or cold-rolled steel in the production of the products. (automotive, appliance, computers, lawn and garden, hardware, electronics)
- 10 or more years of selling CARBON steel coils or sheets, selling directly to OEM manufacturers in Illinois.
- Account Management, lead nurturing and relationship-building strengths
- Strong closing skills
- Discipline, persistence, drive to succeed
- Ability to communicate with decision-makers of all levels
- Ability to adjust conversation to the selling situation or customer service issue
- Deep steel knowledge and strong math skills are required
- Proficient PC skills are required: MS Office Suites, CRM, Outlook and e-mail.
- Strong documentation and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Any engineering experience is a plus
- Ability to travel regionally as needed to cover clients and prospects in Chicago, all of Illinois and eastern Iowa.