WIC REFERRAL RESOURCE SPECIALIST PART-TIME (HARLINGEN WIC CLINIC)
Cameron County Harlingen, TX
- Posted: 21 days ago
WIC REFERRAL RESOURCE SPECIALIST PART-TIME
SALARY: $ 10.50 per hour
LOCATION: Harlingen WIC Clinic
SECTION I-JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the supervision of CA/Clinic Supervisor, WCS/Clinic Supervisor or designee. Performs various tasks as needed and directed by the Clinic Supervisor or designee. Tasks include to encourage and explain benefits of participation in the Summer Food Program while promoting WIC outreach within the community, maintain a clean/healthy environment/eating area, perform reception, clerical, and clinical duties.
- Employee will accurately document all time worked.
- Explain to clients benefits of the Summer Food Program and encourage participation.
- Actively handing out referrals and printed resources to other health and community services along with summer meals.
- Provide WIC Services in a professional and courteous manner as well as establish rapport with other organizations and the general public.
- Engaging participants and explaining WIC benefits if the person receiving a meal is not currently a WIC participant (those accompanying WIC participants).
- Prepare site for daily meals. Clean up before and after meals.
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment in the eating area.
- Must travel and work in other clinic sites as deemed necessary.
- Support and promote breastfeeding activities.
- Phone duties such as appointment reminder phone calls or verifying Medicaid eligibility by phone.
- Clinic/clerical duties such as gathering client paperwork, performing heights/weights, or handing out WIC EBT cards with benefits.
- Other clinic/nutrition education duties such as obtaining consent forms for texting, maintaining inventory count (literature, formula, supplies, etc) cleaning breast pumps, or putting nutrition education bulletin boards together
- Have no vested financial interest in WIC.
- Must maintain current Department of State Health Services Immunization Guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
SECTION II-JOB REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to communicate effectively (oral, written and Spanish speaking ability). Preferred knowledge of computer programs software and database (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet). Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to work with public. Ability to work with confidential client information.
Must have a valid Texas Driver's License, comply with State of Texas Driving Laws, and maintain an acceptable driving record. Must have reliable transportation. Employees of Cameron County may be required to work during any natural disaster or emergency. Criminal background check is required for employment or continued employment.
Good health and physical condition sufficient to permit full performance of the duties of the position. If additional assistance is required, employee must request assistance prior to performing the assignment.
SECTION III-JOB DIMENSIONS
Contact with other health, social and educational care agencies, outside organizations. Frequent contact with clinic clientele. Communication is via telephone, written communication and face to face.
Utilizes tact when dealing with County employees, health, social and educational care providers, and clientele regarding operations issues. Constant contact with County Personnel. Communicating is primarily face-to-face, via telephone and through written communication.
Comply with Cameron County and Cameron County Public Health and Department of State Health Services rules/regulations and display a positive public image. As a Cameron County employee, the identity of every client shall be kept confidential except to the extent necessary to carry out the purpose of an investigation, hearing, or judicial proceeding.
Judgement is required to ensure completion of job activities as assigned by the Immediate Supervisor or designee. Uses discretion to achieve work goals. Initiative is constantly required to achieve work goals.
As assigned by Immediate Supervisor or designee. It is the responsibility of the employee to know and maintain contact with their Immediate Supervisor or designee.
Working conditions are primarily in a clinic, office, or community center.
Employment for this position is guaranteed through August 12, 2021.
This is not a Civil Service covered position.