Job Summary: The certified nursing assistant performs procedures and patient care tasks.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Necessary accommodations will be provided in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state or local law.
1. Provides for patient's personal hygiene: gives bedpans, urinals, baths, shampoos, and shaves, and assists with showers.
2. Provides for activities of daily living: assists with meals and feeds residents; ambulates, turns and positions residents; provides fresh water and nourishment between meals.
3. Performs I&O; checks vital signs and weight; specimen collection.
4. Provides for comfort needs of residents.
5. Works effectively as a team member in the delivery of care and assists in the orientation of new employees.
6. Utilizes resources and materials in an efficient and safe manner.
7. Maintains a safe and attractive environment for residents and co-workers; transports residents and equipment as appropriate.
8. Promptly answers residents' call lights and requests.
9. Reports observations of a resident to the nurse caring for the resident to ensure professional assessment.
10. Instills confidence in the resident by maintaining a neat and attractive appearance and performing duties in a competent and caring manner.
11. Shows dependability by being punctual; maintains consistent attendance.
12. Maintains a good working relations among all nursing unit personnel and other employees through appropriate communication.
13. Performs other duties as assigned and/or required.
- In special areas, performs duties as defined on specialized skill list.
- With specialized training, and written approval, may perform additional and specialized tasks pertinent to assigned area.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate preferred.
- Successful completion of nursing assistant course or the equivalent.
- Previous nursing home experience with acceptable references preferred.
- Must pass the pre-employment test for nursing assistant.
- Must be minimum of 16 years of age.
- Holds the minimum education, experience and skills to perform responsibilities.
- Must have and continue a clean Criminal Background report.
- Must have and continue a clean Sex Offender report.
- Must have and continue a clean Child and Adult Protective service report.
- Understand, speak, read and write English clearly.
- Ability to lift, push or pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to bed, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach.
- Ability to walk independently up and down a normal flight of 13-15 stairs.
- Ability to withstand exposure to dust, mold, mildew and cleaning solutions.
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect.
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations.
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner.