- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the direction of the IT Infrastructure Manager, the Senior Systems Engineer (Infrastructure) will be responsible for maintenance and upgrades of Cambro’s IT systems and infrastructure. This person will also serve as a mentor to the IT Infrastructure team and a technical escalation point (Level 4) for Operational and desktop issues, managing those escalations through completion.
- Perform (Layer 2) switch administration and configuration on Cisco/Ruckus switches. Including configuring LAGs, interfaces, creating trunks, creating, and managing VLANs. Also, must perform switch firmware upgrades.
- Strong working knowledge of OSI layer 2 (VLANs, Inter-VLANs, VTP Domains, bridge groups, MVRP)
- Perform advanced (Layer 3) switch administration and configuration on Cisco/Ruckus switches. Able to configure VRF’s and routing protocols.
- Strong working knowledge of OSI layer 3 (SVI’s, MPLS, DHCP Scopes) & routing protocols (BGP, RIP, OSPF)
- Implement access control lists (ACL’s) and Filters on Cisco/Ruckus switches to further secure the network.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues including routing, circuit, and VPN tunnel issues.
- Design and implement SD-WAN network configurations and ensuring network is working at optimal levels.
- Securing TCP/IP ports and creating ACLs on switches to only allow necessary ports to allow for production.
- Install and configure Network Equipment (Switches, Firewalls, and other networking hardware)
- Address failed network components or technical issues and provide resolution.
- Possess a solid understanding of Windows Server services and roles including installation and configuration.
- Create certificates for network devices and servers that have a web management capability.
- An advanced understanding of Windows Active Directory including configuring multiple AD sites and services and can design, implement, and configure and troubleshoot Active Directory
- Create, Manage and Deploy Group Policy Objects (GPO’s) to deploy applications and implement security including windows firewalls.
- Effectively use PowerShell to automate and standardize administrative tasks.
- Strong knowledge of DNS records including reverse zones and maintain DNS records.
- Strong DHCP Knowledge to include DHCP Fail over and able to configure DCHP on Switches
- Proficient in Linux and able to perform advance Linux administration and configuration and install applications.
- Strong VMware Experience including creating Clusters, Storage Policies, Distributed Resource Schedular (DRS), Site Recover Manager (SRM), VMware kernel NICs (vMotion, Fault Tolerance etc.)
- Strong understanding of Virtual Switches, Port Groups (Distributed and Standard)
- Manage our FortiGate & SonicWall firewalls. Able to create route polices and apply LMNTRX recommendation.
- Administer our Synology NAS environment to include managing our VMM servers on the NAS Cluster
- Manage the Active Backup for Business on Synology and other advanced Synology administration features.
- Manage Dell Unity SAN and Data Domain LUN’s to be presented to VMware hosts.
- Perform backups and restores using Veeam backup. Work with our storage partner Storagepipe when needed.
- Manage our users email accounts using the cloud service o365 from Microsoft.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining server and network documentation to include tasks and procedures.
- Create network drawings and rack elevation drawing using Visio.
- Proactively monitor our network using a variety of tools to help identify potential network and server issues.
- Analyze and optimize performance of network devices.
- Assist in patching our entire infrastructure when needed using a variety of tools.
- Maintains strong technical abilities, knowledge of new and changing technologies.
- Prepare for emergencies by creating and/or updating action plans.
- Support 7x24 systems by periodically providing off-hours, evening, and weekend support to accommodate maintenance windows and issue resolution.
- Jumping into time-sensitive projects wherever needed
- Showing flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Maintain healthy communication with IT Staff, IT Customers and Vendors
- Actively participate in IT Infrastructure and Operations projects, managing, completing, communicating, and fully documenting assigned tasks and deliverables.
- Provide helpdesk support to our user community as well as resolve escalated tickets.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department’s key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Ability to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Occasional travel to various sites (10%)
- May occasionally guide less experienced associates to help with technical projects.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Solid working knowledge of Layer 2 (VLANs, Inter-VLANs, VTP Domains, ACL’s) technologies
- Solid working knowledge of Layer 3 (routing protocols, MPLS, BGP, RIP, and VRF’s) routing technologies
- Proficient in managing and configuring SDWAN policies and rules to optimize WAN connections.
- Proficient in creating and managing VPN Tunnels, IPSEC tunnels.
- Strong working knowledge of Cisco switches including VRF’s, ACL’s and VTP Domains
- Strong knowledge of VMware including clusters, storage polices, DRS and SRM
- Proficient in creating and implementing certificates on layer 2 devices (Switches, Firewalls, Linux Appliances)
- Strong troubleshooting skills and possess the ability find network issues in a timely manner.
- Strong Windows administration skills including Active Directory/GPO’s and security policies.
- Solid working knowledge of Veeam backup software to manage backup and restore procedures.
- Required to follow IT policies and procedures
- Excellent documentation skills including ability to create network drawings.
- Self-motivated and energetic with the ability to manage time efficiently without supervision and to work effectively under pressure.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong sense of urgency
- 7+ years of experience in IT, security or network support, or network administrator positions preferred.
- Familiarity with various network types including LANs, WANs, WLANs, SANs, and VoIP networks.
- Great accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in data center design, and disaster recovery is a plus.
- Knowledge of Ruckus Access Points and Switches
- Knowledge of SonicWall and FortiGate Firewalls
- Knowledge of Synology NAS devices
- Knowledge SNMP (SNMP Walk) and MIBS (Compile MIBS)
- Knowledge of AS/400 and IBMi
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting, walking, standing, bending at the neck, bending at the waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, twisting at the neck and waist, repetitive use of hands, simple grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling, reaching above and below the shoulder, carrying/lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Driving cars, trucks, forklifts and other equipment
- Exposure to excessive noise
- Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment
- Walking on uneven ground
- Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement
- Safety glasses
- Utility gloves
- Steel-toe slip-resistant shoes
- Hearing protection (e.g. ear plugs, ear muffs)
- Face shields
- Face covering (mask) in accordance with company policy.
CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Salary may vary based on experience.
Cambro Manufacturing Co.
Over the last 60 years, Cambro has grown from one product, the Camtray, to thousands of products; from one salesman to a global sales and distribution network; from two presses in a small shop to several manufacturing capabilities. Yet, with our growth, the Cambro vision has never wavered: we are committed to creating and providing the most durable and highest quality products for the foodservice industry.
AddressHuntington Beach, CA
Websitehttps://www.cambro.com/Careers/ View all jobs at Cambro Manufacturing Co.
Get fresh Senior Infrastructure Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.