Cambridge University Press, a leader in academic publishing, seeks a Library Marketing Associate to join the Library Marketing team in our New York office. S/he will plan, coordinate and execute marketing activities to librarians, consortia administrators and to end users in the Americas region.
Key accountabilities include:
- Provide pre-sales support for institutional sales teams in the Americas, generating sales leads and driving usage of Cambridge and partner press eBook collections, Cambridge eJournal collections and eJournal archive collections, online databases and standalone online publications
- Create and action library/consortia marketing plans and proposals using all appropriate media within an agreed budget and schedule
- Design and produce email campaigns, web assets, advertising, direct mail, and online promotions tied to the marketing plans
- Create, copy write, deploy, track and report on email campaigns
- Incorporate Journey Builder into marketing campaigns
- Create support materials for Library Conferences, including conference banners, promotional literature and giveaways
- Engage in contact list-building activities to grow internal database of potential customers
- Provide feedback to line manager and sales teams on any trends in funding, library purchasing and governmental policy initiatives
- Demonstrate and maintain a professional level of knowledge in all areas of academic publishing and marketing, engaging with the library community to develop Cambridge’s profile
- Maintain and regularly update library-specific social media (Twitter, Facebook) and create blog posts
Requirements: Ideal candidates will possess 1-3 years’ marketing experience (academic publishing preferred); commercial awareness; creative thinking; knowledge of electronic/digital marketing and other emerging technologies; strong copywriting and creative skills; experience with budget planning and control; good organizational, analytical, multitasking and interpersonal skills; and proficiency with English language, demonstrating excellent verbal and copywriting communication skills.