Cambridge Spa Group LLC Las Vegas, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
Cambridge Spa Group – Accounting Manager- This is a remote position.
Cambridge Spa Group (“CSG”), a private equity backed, leading franchisee consolidator within the Massage Envy franchise system, is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to help lead the Company’s accounting function. Reporting directly to the Controller, this position will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to build a best-in-class accounting function within a high growth, franchise consolidation company. CSG is looking for a hardworking, detail oriented, growth mindset, overall “star” to join its team. CSG has over 1,000 employees in Texas, California, and Nevada and a corporate team in New York, NY, Austin, TX and Reno, NV.
CSG is looking for an experienced and process driven Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager will have a proven record of establishing strong processes, controls and demonstrated success in supporting high growth organizations. The Accounting Manger will handle high-level accounting, managerial accounting, and oversee a team of 4+ Staff Accountants.
This role is an excellent opportunity for candidates who have a strong desire to work for an exciting and growing company.
- Work closely with the Controller to manage all accounting operations including revenue recognition, A/P, GL management, payroll, sales and use tax, and inventory accounting
- Prepare and provide timely monthly financial statements to Executive Team
- Research technical accounting issues for GAAP compliance
- Coordinate and support month-end and year end close processes
- Coordinate and support year end audit
- Grow and develop Staff Accountant team to ensure A players in every position and future manager talent
- Ensure accuracy of posted financial transactions and month end financial reporting
- Manage, coordinate and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional accounting duties and projects as requested
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Continuously develop, evaluate and document operational and accounting policies and procedures to ensure strong efficient controls exist and that we strive for continual process improvement
- Support post-merger integrations of new unit acquisitions from an accounting perspective ensuring internal process, bookkeeping, AP/Vendor transitions and bank changes are completed in a timely manner
- Additional special projects as needed
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Current Assistant Controller or Accounting Manager in a private company with 100-500 employees with start up or hospitality experience a plus
- BS/BA in Accounting with a minimum 5-7 years of bookkeeping and accounting experience, public or corporate accounting preferred
- Minimum 3-4 years of purchase accounting experience
- Active CPA license
- Experience in managing high performing accounting teams
- Significant QuickBooks Online experience and Bill.com
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting standards and best practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Teams
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and wearing multiple hats
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex accounting terms cross functionally in writing and verbally
- Experience implementing financial accounting and ERP systems
- Possess deep expertise in relevant accounting and control practices and experience with general ledger functions, month-end/year-end close process, and financial reporting
- Enthusiastic about working to support growth and scale of our company
Compensation and Benefits:
Cambridge Spa Group offers a competitive salary and benefits package that is commensurate with experience.
It is the policy of Cambridge Spa Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cambridge Spa Group will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.