Senior Community Manager
The Senior Community Manager makes a direct impact on the day-to-day operations and has direct oversight of two or more communities. This role is responsible for managing the operations of multi-family residential communities including, but not limited to fiscal responsibility, legal compliance, community relations, leadership and team management, sales and leasing, project management, property services, and resident responsiveness. This role may have additional oversight of fee managed properties.
What You Will Be Doing:
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position are marked with an asterisk (*) reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Protect owner’s interests by managing the community in terms of cleanliness, compliance, and safety*.
· Lead and manage a team that includes, but is not limited to managers, maintenance teams, leasing agents*.
· Provide training, leadership, development, and direction to one or more Community Managers*.
· Assure that the communities are maintained to be friendly, welcoming, and comfortable place for residents*.
· Manage vacancy and occupancy rates by preparing, advertising, touring, and renting units as they become available*.
· Follow all Fair Employment & Housing Act guidelines (FEHA) and Cambridge’s mission and values when responding to phone calls, emails, walk-ins, and queries regarding the community*.
· Manage the resident process in preparing and processing rental applications, running credit checks, preparing leasing packets, managing renewals and all related material/collateral both hard copy and electronic*.
· Prepare and clearly communicate the lease agreement to new residents, ensure all documents are completed correctly and fully executed*.
· Manage the maintenance condition of the community by submitting maintenance requests, monitoring the community grounds, reviewing structural conditions, aesthetic conditions of the community, and address any resident lease violations or concerns*.
· Manage financial aspect of collecting deposits, rents, associated charges and fees, and other related income on a timely basis. Assure all finances are accounted for in regularly scheduled bank deposits*.
· Assure that all funds/collections received are deposited within 48 hours*.
· Manage and oversee financial instruments for adherence to protocols (ex: no post-dated checks), assuring that all funds collected/received are deposited within 48 hours of receipt*.
· Manage unit turns in the scheduling and supervision of vendors for cleaning, painting, and repairs. Manage timeline for unit turns to have units available to rent*.
· Proactively work toward a high occupancy rate by marketing the community on appropriate sites such as Craigslist and Apartments.com; coordinate with the Senior Regional Manager on a business/marketing plan for the community.
· Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized office, including all resident files, and having current, available marketing material.
· Regularly prepare reports such as the weekly report, inventory, market surveys, rental increases, etc.
· Responsibility for enforcing community rules and regulations; addressing and rectifying all resident complaints in a timely manner; seeking additional assistance as needed*.
· Tour the entirety of the community assure the common areas, landscaping, amenities such as laundry, pool, etc. are up to Cambridge standards*.
· Prepare and serve legal notices such as three (3)-day notices on resident doors (and mailing), and other requested reports on the day designated*.
· Actively promotes community reputation management by working with residents and community to promote good-will, achieve resident and community satisfaction, while maintaining compliance with company policies and in accordance with the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA)*.
What Is Required:
· Exercises good problem-solving skills, using sound judgement in varied situations.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· High degree of social interactions.
· Strong project management skills.
· Strong community marketing skills.
· Possesses a high degree of organizational skills.
· Strong financial skills.
· Demonstrates strong emotional intelligence (EQ).
· Good business acumen and an understating of the core business.
· Exercises solid teamwork skills.
· Upholds Cambridge Management Company’s commitment to diversity and ethics.
· Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality for proprietary, private, and business information.
· The ability to set priorities and manage time efficiently in respect to the changing business needs.
· The ability to travel to multiple sites on a regular basis.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
· Proficiency in Yardi, RentCafe, and Adobe.
What You Bring to The Table:
Education & Experience
· Minimum of a High School education with College Graduate preferred.
· 5 years minimum experience as a multi-family residential community manager.
· Prior experience in leasing operations of a multi-family residential community.
· CPM, CAM, CCRM, or other appropriate designations desired.
· Prior experience with Yardi Software (preferred)
The Physical Work:
The role is performed at one or more communities in the field with noise levels in a low to moderate level. This position requires the ability to be mobile and travel to various company locations. While performing the duties of the position, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Cambridge Management CompanySan Jose, CA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.