Job Title: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Report To: Financial Advisor
Job Status: Full-Time
The Receptionist is responsible for providing excellent service and client communication assistance with the purpose of delivering an exceptional client experience.
Based in West Des Moines, Iowa, we offer fee-based planning and asset management services to individuals and corporate clients. As the first fee-based financial planning practice in Iowa, we seek to become a person’s primary source for financial information by offering a comprehensive review of any financial situation. Our culture consistently promotes the values of integrity, experience, transparency, and collaboration. All of our actions, big and small, are made with these four values in mind. We are fiercely independent. As independent financial professionals, we are not employees of an investment or financial services firm. This means we have the freedom to provide objective advice and can focus on what is best for you and your financial goals. We care. Your success matters to us, which is why we strive to go “above and beyond” in all of our actions. Our focus is on doing only what is in your best interest. We listen. We get to know you on a personal level, uncovering your personal goals – what matters most to you. We believe no detail should be disregarded. We deliver. We aim to provide the best customer service possible so that your needs can be met in an efficient and timely matter. If you have a request, we want to address it. https://www.charteredfs.com/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Answer and direct incoming communications and visitors
· Greets Clients in a welcoming and professional manner
· Maintains the office space to reflect attention to detail and care
· Coordinate client communication including print, online, telephone, meetings, etc.
· Assist with office and client meeting set up
· Support team members with client administrative services as needed
· Prepare, organize, coordinate, and maintain client paperwork
Skills and Abilities Required
· Proficiency in client service
· Proficiency in data entry
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
· CRM Experience preferred
· Aptitude for technology
· Follow verbal and written communications
· Communicate effectively with clients, prospects, public, and coworkers in a professional and courteous manner
· Express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
· Organize and prioritize multiple tasks
· Work well with a deadline
· Self-motivate and work independently
· Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, instructions and manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence.
· Mathematical Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to understand and apply percentages.
· Reasoning Ability: Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Experience in insurance and investment products is a plus.