Cambridge International Systems has an immediate career opportunity for a Systems Administrator to join our Military Sealift Command (MSC) IT Support Services team! Qualified candidates must possess an active Secret clearance.
The System Administrator will be responsible for providing system administration and Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) to support emerging requirements as well as enhance and develop IT capabilities in support of the MSC mission. More specifically, the Systems Administrator will provide support in the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of new systems, software and capabilities; the development of modifications to systems and equipment; and correction of deficiencies in systems and equipment. Successful candidates will be motivated self-starters with the initiative and aptitude to work under minimal direction and learn quickly. The ability to be adaptable and work constructively with a technically diverse team is crucial.
The System Administrator will:
- Conduct requirements analysis and verification.
- Establish and implement standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software.
- Analyze and recommend technical solutions for complex systems.
- Install, configure, test and maintain equipment, operating systems, and related software.
- Develop and/or review technical documentation.
- Perform system backups and data recoveries.
- Troubleshoot and resolve operating system, software and networking problems.
- Active DOD Secret clearance
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II compliant
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in complex systems and network environments
- 3+ years hands-on experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems; considerable preference given to those with Microsoft Server 2008R2/2016 or Windows 10 Secure Host Baseline experience
- Proven experience in the integration and testing of hardware (servers, networking devices, clients) and testing of software (Operating Systems, networked applications, databases, etc.)
- Experience in all phases of the IT service lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work both independently and on a team
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Management Systems or a related discipline
- Understanding of Active Directory, DNS, and IP configuration
- Knowledge of MSC IT systems and networks
- Knowledge of ACAS Scans and STIGs
- Knowledge of Group Policy Objects
- Virtualization experience (Hyper-V preferred)
- Network administration experience
- MCSA/MCSE certification
- ITIL v3 certification