- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cambridge International Systems is currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Network Engineer. This individual will be responsible for design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
The Network Engineer will:
- Conduct network architecture design, feasibility, and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis.
- Evaluate new technology.
- Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Provide information for hardware and software selection and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conduct testing of network systems.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluate and report on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Design, implement and maintain complex systems and networks.
- Participate in periodic design reviews as dictated by customer / contract requirements.
- Leverage manufacturer’s literature and technical support during solution development.
- Collaborate with other engineers and project managers to deliver a successful design product.
- Utilize controlled documentation and government standards, application guides, and industry best practices to support the design and installation process.
- Assume leadership role to manage and direct subcontractors (if necessary) installation tasking to ensure the plans and specifications are being adhered/followed.
- Provide the scope definition, specification, and budgetary write-ups for proposal capture personnel for electrical engineering projects.
- Performs physical activities in unusual locations including climbing in and out of equipment and working outdoors.
- Familiar with TCP, and secure protocols
- Proficiency with various network topographies (data center, LAN, and WAN)
- 8+ years of relevant experience directly related to network engineering design
- CCNA or CCNP certification or equivalent
- Cognizant of network topologies as well as understand necessary configuration
- Cisco ASA firewall experience with Contexts, filters, SSL
- Cisco LAN Core and Distribution switches, experience with ACL’s, routing, hardening
- Proven ability to direct staff and work with a diverse team, experience working with host country nationals strongly preferred
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous workloads effectively, including adapting to changes, planning, organizing, and prioritizing work
- System administration experience in performing triage on system problems, resolving the system problems, analyzing system data to prevent problems, and implementing new workstations and system extensions
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline is preferred with 8-10 years in engineering. Will consider other combinations of education, years of experience and certifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Potential applicants must be able to obtain at least a Secret Clearance and willing to live and work in Charleston SC with up to 50% travel
At Cambridge, we recognize innovation and agility grow through diverse collaboration. Our team is comprised of unique individuals, and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance with the application process, please visit https://cbridgeinc.com/accessibility/ for information on how to request assistance.
Powered by JazzHR
Cambridge International Systems Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Cambridge International Systems Inc