- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Maintenance Technicians perform routine and preventative maintenance to maintain and improve the physical integrity of the property. Provide excellent customer service to current and prospective residents by making home and building maintenance repairs as well as providing the general upkeep of the community including its grounds, streets, facilities, and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
- Provide seasonal lawn care including cutting grass, weed whipping, planting flowers, raking of leaves, trimming shrubs, treating for weeds and other services as needed.
- Cleans (buffing, dusting, sweeping, mopping, washing windows, tidying, etc.) community common areas and work spaces including clubhouse, community office, restrooms, laundry room and maintenance garage.
- Remove trash and debris from streets, common areas and vacant sites daily.
- Empty trash cans in common areas and disposes of trash as needed.
- Paints interior and exterior walls and trim.
- Operates backhoe to dig trenches for water and sewer pipe.
- Repairs parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials, and concrete.
- Provide seasonal snow removal services including removing snow from community streets, parking lots, building entrances and other areas as needed.
- Completes minor repairs to homes and buildings.
- Maintains and repairs buildings' plumbing and electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses.
- Repairs or replaces building brick, stone, and concrete.
- Provide general upkeep of vacant sites including strap-downs.
- Inspect common area amenities including pool/spa, laundry, playground and other recreational equipment to ensure proper operation and make repairs as needed.
- Maintain community pool(s), tests chemical levels, and adjusts appropriately, where applicable.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment such as truck, street sweeper, and riding mower.
- Complete checklist of duties and repairs to community and vacant sites.
- Assist community manager with supervising onsite contracted work.
- Perform duties relating to well-water system, sewer system or water meters including water testing and reading, repairing and installing water meters.
- Follow safety regulations and procedures including safely operating vehicles and machinery.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); comparable experience.
- Broad experience and knowledge of general maintenance techniques and repair work.
- Proficient in operating equipment including hand tools, power tools and commercial machinery.
- Ability to snow plow using company truck/plow according to snowfall standards.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision.
- Ability to create legible written reporting and note taking.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work in a team environment and take direction.
- Able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift.
- Able to maintain balance, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and wipe.
- Ability to work outdoors year-round.
- Availability to work on-call as needed during non-business hours.
- Must maintain a valid driver license and clean driving record.
- Must maintain an active and working mobile device.
- Computer skills required: proficient use of e-mail and internet, familiarity with smartphone or tablet.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Continually required to stand, walk, or sit.
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Continually required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally work in high, precarious places.
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals.
- Continually exposure to outside weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to very loud.
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 100 pounds / frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds / continually lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: Lawncare equipment, snow-plow, other equipment as needed.
Competitive wage and excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, FSA and 401(K)
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Cambio, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it! We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and seek to support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of our staff.
Cambio is an equal opportunity employer where hiring is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Cambio does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, medical condition, or any other non-merit factor protected by law.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Principals only please. Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted. No calls please.
Cambio Property Management LLC
AddressBattle Creek, MI
Real EstateView all jobs at Cambio Property Management LLC