Sourcing Specialist I or II (depending on experience)
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We have an exciting opportunity in our Strategic Sourcing Department for an individual just starting their sourcing career to support our Information Technology (IT) sourcing team.
The ideal candidate will possess a desire and willingness to learn about sourcing while contributing to the team. This person will work collaboratively with the sourcing team and business partners to assist in licensing and maintenance renewals, contract terminations, requisition creation and approvals, resolve invoicing questions, spend and cost analysis. This candidate will have a desire to continue advancement through learning sourcing and contracting methodologies, category management and negotiation strategies.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
The Strategic Sourcing Analyst role will:
- Maintain knowledge base capturing license and maintenance renewals, terminations and automatic extensions.
- Be the main point of contact for invoicing questions and investigations
- Assist sourcing managers in spend and cost analysis
- Interface with the IT vendor management team on licensing rights and contract inquires
- Build relationships with internal customers, ensure compliance, mitigate company risk and contribute to Cambia cost stewardship
Key qualifications and experience needed for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management or related field with 2 to 3 years of procurement/supply chain experience or related field or combination of education and experience. Sourcing Specialist II requires Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain fields and 5 years of experience in supply chain, procurement, or purchasing experience or equivalent combination of education and job-related experience
- Understanding of standard contract terms
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with team members and customers
- Experience and working knowledge of excel, web-based applications, SharePoint and MS Office
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects while prioritizing activities
- Attention to Detail: thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Ability to solve problems while ensuring processes and directives are followed
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.