Memory Care Manager
Calyx Senior Living Durham, NC
- Expired: December 26, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you want to make a difference in the life of a senior?
Calyx Living is searching for a Memory Care Director for our memory care unit (the Garden Place), for our BRAND NEW assisted living community located in beautiful North Durham off the Eno River and just minutes from Duke University, the Durham Bulls Athletic Park and the American Tobacco Campus in downtown Durham's vibrant entertainment district. Opening in March 2021, but hiring now, The Memory Care Director is responsible for the coordination and supervision of programming, staffing, and life enrichment when working with seniors in need of assistance with memory or other cognitive issues associated with the aging process.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The development implementation of a stimulating activity program focused on the Dimensions of Wellness including physical, intellectual, social, emotional, and spiritual activities
- Ensure that all programs will address the needs of our memory care population
- Assist with the pre-admission assessments, staff training, coordination of care planning, and ensure that the program is in compliance with the company's standards for dementia care and ensures that all Residents' Rights are protected
- Serve as the primary liaison with the gerontological community and as the dementia resource person for the facility, family members, and staff
- Must meet requirements to act as a Supervisor-in-Charge within the first 45 days of employment
Must have a "safety first" attitude towards all of our residents and stuff, including to be routinely tested and vaccinated against COVID-19 as well as other infection diseases.
- Demonstrates a passion to work with the senior population
- A minimum of two years of activity programming with the dementia population. Three years of experience preferred
- Must have two-year degree in gerontology, healthcare administration, recreational therapy or related field. Four-year degree strongly preferred
- Willing to work flexible hours, such as during evenings and weekends, for planned activities and events
- Must maintain a current driver's license in the state employed. Must be able to operate a car or small bus
- Must understand and be committed to the psycho-social model of care and the special needs of residents with memory impairment including dementia and Alzheimer's