The Sr. Controls Engineer serves to research, develop, design and oversee the implementation of custom-engineered solutions for advanced industrial equipment. This position provides technical design, project leadership, installation oversight and overall support of electrical system architecture.
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and carefully balance product specifications, process requirements, layout complexity, cost, and lead-time limits.
- Client out new industrial electrical control panels which are NFPA79/NEC/UL508A compliant.
- Architect, write, and debug PLC code with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable for manufacturing applications.
- Implement (ANSI/RIA15.06/OSHA compliant) control reliable safety systems for safeguarding robots, gantries, conveyors, and other manufacturing equipment.
- Generate aesthetically simple HMI screens for complex machinery while providing sufficient feedback for troubleshooting.
- Manage electrical cabinet builds and field wiring
- Select and size electrical and electromechanical components such as servo motors and controllers.
- Deploy automated processes and equipment into production.
- Set, implement, and maintain schedules and budgets to ensure project completion.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of professional experience in the design and commissioning of automation and controls systems for industrial applications.
- Process integration and electromechanical / mechatronic systems experience.
- AutoCAD Electrical experience
- PLC Programming
- Allen Bradley PLC and HMI programming experience. Yaskawa and Siemens platforms are a plus.
- Field bus networks, serial communication and Ethernet communication.
- Hands on experience building and commissioning high quality electrical control panels & electro-mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of NEC, NFPA 79, UL508A codes.