- Posted: over a month ago
We have an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer to join our company in Santa Clara, CA. This position is on-site at our facility and does not lend itself well to remote work.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Performs studies on manufacturing sequence, order of operation and develops tooling and fixtures in collaboration with the Machine Programming Teams and Manufacturing Leads
- Ensures the integration of engineering resources with cross-functional teams to meet customer objectives
- Evaluates manufacturing quality control processes and methods to maximize production capacity and efficiency and presents recommendations for improvements
- Uses precision measuring and data collection tools to ensure product quality standards are met
- Provides end-to-end planning, direction, coordination, and on-floor-support for all assigned New Product Introduction (NPI) and First Article builds
- Supports Early Supplier Involvement (ESI) activities for NPI by consulting with suppliers on Best Known Methods for manufacturing
- Helps management with decision making by analyzing costs related to manufacturing requirements, tooling, fixtures, time, production and human resources
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BSc) in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years of related work experience OR Associate Level Degree (ASc) with 7-10 years of related work experience
- Basic knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes and the interactions between the two processes
- Advanced knowledge of GD&T principles and their relation to manufacturing processes
- Advanced 3D modeling skills (Creo/Solidworks/Inventor)
- Data collection and analysis using in-house and SAAS
- Awareness of part special handling guidelines and specifications
- General knowledge of machine and equipment functionality, and capability
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability: Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan (3% company match)
COVID-19 Considerations: All employees are required to wear a mask indoors. A vaccine is not required at this moment.
About us: A Silicon Valley leader in manufacturing and assemblies, Calmax Technology, Inc. manufactures precision machined parts and provides turnkey assembly to Fortune 500 customers across technology, automotive, aerospace, semiconductor, and medical industries. We are based in Santa Clara, CA with locations in Tualatin, OR. Calmax is ISO – 9001 certified.
Additional Information: Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the position, job listing, or application process.
AddressSanta Clara, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Calmax Technology