CALMA, a progressive West Hollywood cannabis enterprise seeks to help address the West Hollywood community through an educational and customer-health focused experience. CALMA, the Italian feminine noun, connotes peacefulness and tranquility. This evolution of the cannabis customer experience – elevated from an ‘Amsterdam hash-house’ to a tranquil and therapeutic boutique experience – is at the core of CALMA’s mission. CALMA will provide patrons with a comprehensive cannabis education, from product tutorials to selection and consumption. This multifaceted business model includes adult use retail, medical dispensary, and a delivery service all housed and operated under the CALMA brand.
- Can not have a criminal background
- Must pass a live scan
Compensation Package: CALMA’s core values and company culture requires that dignity is demonstrated in the compensation package for every employee. CALMA’s ownership team strongly feels that paying a fair and living wage is a moral obligation. Fairly compensating employees will result in reduced staff turnover, improved customer service, and improved employee quality of life.
Commitment to Paying Employees a Living Wage: CALMA will offer entry-level employees a wage of $15.75 per hour, or the annual salary equivalent thereto, which is equal to or more than 150% of the greater of Federal or California’s minimum wage. This wage shall be the minimum hourly wage for all CALMA employees, whether hired on a part-time or full-time basis.
Additional Employment Benefits: In a well-designed benefits program, CALMA recognizes several indirect advantages in providing benefits to its employees:
• Benefits that act as recruitment and retention tools and are competitive with those of peer institutions
• Benefits that make employees more efficient and productive
• Benefits that express the Washington and Lee's values and educational mission (e. g., tuition
• Benefits that develop or maintain a sense of community
Consequently, CALMA will offer the below benefits to all full-time employees after a 90-day probationary period:
• Paid Leave: two weeks paid leave each year, with the ability to roll-over up to 40 hours paid leave to the subsequent year (capped at three weeks total paid leave in any given calendar year).
• Health Insurance: CALMA will offer employees basic health coverage for themselves and +1 dependent.
• 401k Retirement Plan: with CALMA matching up to 3% of an employee’s monthly retirement allocation.
• Raises, Bonuses and Incentives: CALMA will implement a performance management system that will determine salary increases, including management observed performance and customer ratings
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time