Callen-Lorde is seeking an experienced, dedicated, full-time psychiatrist (MD/DO) or a Psych/MH Nurse Practitioner to serve in our integrated mental health and medical clinic. This position requires demonstrated competence in meeting the mental health needs for the LGBT community and persons living with HIV and compliance with NYS OMH regulations. This position will provide psychiatric assessment and psycho-pharmacological treatment of patients with acute and chronic psychiatric illnesses. You will become part of an integrated team providing mental health and medical services to a wide array of patients.
Callen-Lorde's main site is open Monday through Saturday. Some evening hours are required. This is a full-time position that will require three 8:30-4:30pm shifts and two 12:30-8:30pm shifts. Salary will be based on experience and will be accompanied by an excellent benefits package including an exceptional no cost medical plan option for you and your family, dental insurance, vision insurance, no cost life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Assistance, TransitChek, a generous paid time off plan, and a 403B retirement savings plan. Providers are also eligible to apply for NHSC’s loan forgiveness program.
- New York State Certification/Licensure and current New York State Registration
- Board Certification in Psychiatry required (MD)
- Experience working in a NYS Article 31 clinic required
- Demonstrated commitment to providing sensitive, culturally competent psychiatric care to LGBT persons and persons living with HIV, especially disenfranchised persons, and persons of color.
- Demonstrated ability to work with substance use concerns of dual diagnosed patients
- Innovative, strengths based approaches to working with acute and chronic mental health issues in an outpatient setting, with demonstrated skill in reducing occurrence of inpatient hospital stays.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative, team based mental health treatment valuing the input and perspective of the full array of mental health and medical professionals.
- Commitment to community based health and mental health services
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred