I. Summary Description
The Director of Product Management will be a key player in refining our product roadmap, documenting requirements, deploying high-quality products and supporting the business development team to meet company business goals for customer growth, revenue and profitability objectives. This position reports directly to the CEO. Relocation assistance available.
II. Essential Functions & Responsibilities
1. Competitive Analysis
a. Continually monitor and report on competitive environment including current and new entrants, functionality, product features, distribution strategies and pricing.
b. Develop and maintain an up-to-date competitive matrix comparing CallFinder offerings vs. competitors.
2. Product Definition
a. Collaborate with executive leadership and across functional areas to set product strategy and roadmap.
b. Work with executive leadership in defining, communicating, and executing short and long-term product goals as articulated by a product roadmap aligned to the business and organizational strategy.
c. Write detailed product requirements, including user stories, functional requirements, data requirements, quality assurance plans, configuration workflows, and release checklists.
d. Collaborate with the client-facing MyAnalyst / Support Teams, Business Development/Sales, Designers, and Engineers to ensure that requirements and processes are accurately capturing client needs while aligning product with target market positioning.
e. Collaborate with the MyAnalyst / Support Teams to collect feedback on product improvements, develop and define feature requests, define opportunities for user research and user testing, and create metrics for tracking product success.
3. Product Development & Deployment
a. Own the overall success of a product’s definition, development, and deployment against client deadlines and internal current and long-term goals.
b. Manage the needs of our solution against competing priorities and concurrent deployments, in our agile development processes; this includes setting sprint goals, negotiating essential tasks, and managing a task backlog.
c. Provide adequate direction to product teams of designers, engineers and analysts. Reinforce a culture of collaboration and strong communication by listening actively, speaking candidly, challenging assumptions, and encouraging others to seek you out for clarification and support.
4. Business Development/Sales Support
a. Create clear and accessible content (e.g. requirements text, workflow diagrams, visuals, compelling descriptions) about a product’s value and features to be used in marketing materials, proposals, scopes of work, and business development calls, meetings, and presentations.
b. Continually work with Sales, Marketing and all other business functions to refine the sales presentations and platform/service demonstrations.
c. Ability to develop business models, communicate and present business cases to executive leadership.
a. Ability to use a computer, keyboard, mouse and other computer related devices on an on-going daily basis.
b. Ability to competently use Microsoft Office tools to perform work functions and create effective business models, reports and communications.
III. Other Responsibilities
1. Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
IV. Employment Standards
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related study. MBA a plus.
2. Experience: 5+ years of product or project management experience.
- Experience with agile development processes.
- Experience managing SaaS products.
- Experiencing in product management for early-stage businesses a plus.
- Success with product launch, preferably in a start-up environment, including all stages of the product life cycle: conception, requirements gathering and documentation, development, quality assurance, launch, user testing, and features requests.
- High competency in writing clear user stories, requirements, user experience pathways/flow, and other technical documentation, both for v1 and additional releases.
- Experience working across multiple functional disciplines (e.g. management, content producers, engineering, operations, QA) to ensure on-time product delivery.
- Exceptional team management skills: the abilities to foster a sense of team accountability and high performance, and to drive process with diplomacy and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated success at managing multiple concurrent, complex, and highly detailed product deployments on tight timelines and with priorities that could change on a regular basis.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, PPT, Word), Microsoft Office 365, agile development applications (Jira preferred).
- Customer-facing experience a plus.
a) Familiar with Speech Analytics and Call Center technology & operations a big plus.
CallFinder® is a leading provider of cloud-based speech analytics and call scoring technology that is powerful, affordable, and easy to use. It enables small and medium size businesses to improve agent performance, automate quality monitoring, and provide a superior customer experience. We deliver our highly scalable technology across a wide range of industries including retail & wholesale, healthcare, travel, finance and banking, collections, insurance, manufacturing, utilities, education, and more.
CallFinder is a division of 800 Response Marketing LLC, a well-established provider of communications solutions which for three decades has enabled businesses to boost and optimize advertising response rates through specialized telecommunications services such as vanity and shared toll-free services and as well as real-time analytics tools.
We are headquartered in Burlington, Vermont with close proximity to gorgeous Lake Champlain and the Green Mountains because it reflects our work/life balance philosophy. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
How to Apply: Resume Required for Consideration
If you’re looking for a fulfilling challenge, working with energetic and talented people in a rewarding and winning environment, apply today. Please include your cover letter and resume.
EOE. CallFinder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. m/f/d/v
*Only qualified applicants for further consideration will be notified.