Class C Driver (NEMT)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
We will train you!
NEMT (Non-Emergency Medical Transportation) Driver – Salinas/Merced
Founded by a Doctor and a First Responder, Call the Car, is currently seeking NEMT (Non-Emergency Medical Transportation) Drivers to join our team of exceptionally skilled and committed non-medical emergency transportation specialists. Since 2010, Call the Car has been dedicated to improving access to healthcare.
Job Description: The driver will operate “Call the Car” (CTC) vehicles rendering service for the transport of persons in a safe, timely, and courteous manner, communicates with and assists passengers; perform other related duties as required.
· Maintain clear communication between Members, Dispatch, Appointment Facilities, Dialysis Centers and CTC Management.
· Builds and maintains positive working relationship with co-workers, employees located at other facilities and the public using principles of good customer service & good judgement.
· Maintain 100% accuracy when performing trips.
· Conduct daily vehicle safety and maintenance inspection of assigned vehicle prior to beginning route & at the end of the shift.
· Operates Smartphone with access to email and internet.
· Show true compassion for the disabled and elderly.
· Perform “Door thru Door” service.
· Reads, and interacts with GPS devices to determine most efficient routes.
· Adapts to change in the work environment.
· Adapts driving style to current weather conditions.
· Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Uses time efficiently and completes work in a timely manner.
· Observes safety and security procedures.
· Review schedule in advance and notify dispatch/Fleet Manager if the schedule needs to be adjusted to make pickup/drop-off times.
· Communicating with dispatch via TomTom instant messaging with Members’ status updates as driver is or becomes aware.
· Communicate any Incidents/Accidents as or becomes aware immediately to Fleet Manager.
· Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a professional manner.
· Any other duties as assigned by management.
· Competent verbal and written English skills.
· Must possess a valid Class C California driver license.
. Must pass a Criminal Background Screening and Sex Offender Registry Search at time of hire and annually thereafter.
· Must pass OIG Exclusion Listing and SAM Exclusion Listing at time of hire and monthly thereafter.
· Must pass a Motor Vehicle Records check at time of hire and continuously during employment.
· Must pass a Drug Screen at time of hire and randomly thereafter.
· Must pass Alcohol Screenings randomly after hire.
· Familiarity with various GPS navigation system.
· Availability to work hours ranging from 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM Weekdays, Weekends & Holidays.
· Ability to remain in seated position for extended periods.
· Able to use an iPad.
· Ability to lift or pull up to 50 lbs.
Reports to: Fleet Manager
Call the Car offers you the opportunity to join an innovative, well respected Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Company. We provide competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
To ensure a safe working environment for our employees, members, and community, Call the Car requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required upon date of hire.
Call the Car provides masks, gloves, face shield, sanitizers, and disinfectant solutions.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please send your resume or apply online via our website at https://www.callthecar.com/employment
Call the Car is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Call the Car
3100 New York DriveSalinas, CA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Call the Car