The Staff Accountant – GL will be working in a fast-paced environment and needs to demonstrate initiative and technical competence to handle duties related to the month-end closing, annual audit, financial reporting, reconciliations and analysis for the Finance Department.
What You'll Do
- Perform monthly accounting close activities, including but not limited to performing GL account flux analyses, preparing account reconciliations, and preparing journal entries for payables/receivables, credit cards, reimbursed expenses, accrued expenses, and capitalized/fixed assets
- Responsible for intercompany transactions including intercompany reconciliation.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure while assisting GL Account Manager ensuring an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close
- Support the monthly close process including prepaid, accruals, spending allocations, and investigation of any variances.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of scalable processes, policies, and internal controls across various revenue, expense, and balance sheet account activities.
- Support special projects and other accounting duties as appropriate.
- Develop tools and processes to improve the gathering and preparation of financial information to ensure that all submission requirements are met.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of US GAAP and possibly SEC reporting requirements.
- Other duties as defined by Manager.
What You Have
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data in a complicated entity structure
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and FASB codification and pronouncements
- Excellent communication skills
- Success in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Proven track record of cross functional relationships across the organization
- ERP System experience with Odoo a plus
- Strong drive and great work ethic with a get it done attitude
- Must be a positive, proactive, think outside the box, and organized team player with strong communication skills (written, verbal, listening)
- High attention to detail and accuracy while maintaining the big picture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal guidance
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills (such as pivot tables, vlookup, and data analysis)
- Multi-entity, CPG, and Supply Chain experience in a high growth company
- Cannabis industry experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years experience in accounting or related field
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets. May need to work overtime and weekends as needed, particularly during initial months with company. Must be able to travel to other office locations.