A California-based produce wholesaler seeks a passionate graphic designer to assist us in marketing design initiatives. The ideal candidate is a personable, energetic self-starter and genuinely cares about the produce industry and increasing consumption of fresh produce.
Meet and exceed pre-determined design goals and objectives
Influence and build relationships internally
Ability to solve problems and create solutions
Team player, communicates well in a team atmosphere
Takes ownership in company initiatives and sees them through to completion
Can creatively sell “new” products, concepts and solutions through design support
Ability to teach, coach and serve customers and teammates
· Lots of design. You’ll work on a broad range of projects from packaging, POS materials, campaigns, sell sheets, social media content and event signage.
· Good analytical skills; identify additional points of entry through marketing for our products and categories to enhance overall sales and profitability. Analyze customer assortment, mix, ethnic diversity, and overall marketing strategy.
· Communicate and build relationships with account managers to assist in defining opportunities for growth through design and marketing.
· Effective ideation; share’s success stories and new ideas, as well as offer solutions to other team members throughout the entire organization.
· Connect with the sales team regularly to determine if we are on-message using our marketing assets and take action to keep initiatives on target.
· At all times, maintain a professional image that supports our company values.
· Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
· Working knowledge of computers & software as utilized in the design environment; MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Windows, iOS, and Adobe Creative Suite (mostly Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop).
· Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work under pressure;
· Excellent written and verbal communicating skills;
· Attention to detail and strong organization skills;
· Forecast company needs;
· Work within a team environment; ability to collaborate, provide and receive constructive criticism;
· Learn new skills and tasks as needed; (continuous improvement through reading, consumer engagement and team collaboration)
· Produce product knowledge a plus;
· A love and a discerning palette for design; must be current on trends and passionate to stay relevant.
· Not afraid of a fast-paced work environment. You can handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· 1 to 3 years of work experience, preferably in CPG, (food and beverage industry preferred)
· BA in Graphic Design
· Business-minded and goal-driven
· Creative problem solver and quick-thinker
· Respectful communicator and people-person
· Seeking more than just a job, but a real career
· Ability to work independently and remotely, as well as within a team