A California-based produce wholesaler seeks a passionate graphic designer to assist us in marketing design initiatives, with an emphasis on packaging. The ideal candidate is a personable, energetic self-starter who genuinely cares about the produce industry and increasing consumption of fresh produce on a national level. The ideal candidate will have some familiarity with the food industry in a professional role. Please note, anticipated office hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 6 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Meet and exceed pre-determined design goals and objectives
- Influence and build relationships internally
- Ability to solve problems and create solutions
- Brand Promoter
- Team player, communicates well in a team atmosphere
- Takes ownership in company initiatives and sees them through to completion
- Can creatively sell “new” products, concepts and solutions through design support
- Ability to teach, coach and serve customers and teammates
- Lots of design. You’ll work on a broad range of projects from packaging, POS materials, comprehensive marketing campaigns, sell sheets, social media content and event signage.
- Communicate and build relationships with account managers to assist in defining opportunities for growth through design and marketing.
- Effective ideation; share’s success stories and new ideas, as well as offer solutions to other team members throughout the entire organization.
- Connect with the sales team regularly to determine if we are on-message using our marketing assets and take action to keep initiatives on target.
- At all times, maintain a professional image that supports our company values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Working knowledge of computers & software as utilized in the design environment; MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Windows, iOS, and Adobe Creative Suite (mostly Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop).
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communicating skills
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills - A must!
- Forecast company needs
- Work within a team environment; ability to collaborate, provide and receive constructive criticism
- Learn new skills and tasks as needed; (continuous improvement through reading, consumer engagement and team collaboration)
- Produce product knowledge a plus
- A love and a discerning palette for design; must be current on trends and passionate to stay relevant.
- Not afraid of a fast-paced work environment. You can handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- 5 years design experience, preferably in CPG, (food and beverage industry preferred)
- 2+ years packaging experience
- BA in Graphic Design
- Business-minded and goal-driven
- Creative problem solver and quick-thinker
- Respectful communicator and people-person
- Seeking more than just a job, but a real career
- Ability to work independently and remotely, as well as within a team