March Products is the leader in Ecommerce based sales of patio umbrellas and we are constantly expanding into new products and sales channels. We are looking for a help desk support technician to join our IT team to help us continue to keep expanding and growing year to year. This person will be front line support for all users on site for technical problems and questions, as well as work on small projects to help boost and support the technological advancement of the company.
· General assistance to any task that may involve the IT Department
· Help Desk troubleshooting functions with corporate offices. This includes IP landline phones, mobile phones, desktop support, user applications, data management and email
· Experience troubleshooting, maintaining or administrating computer workstations or internet connections
· Contribute ideas to improve the IT Department’s operations
· Support, Setup, & Troubleshoot – Wired and Wireless Networks
· Create a schedule to do maintenance on one computer a day (antivirus scan, spyware scan, defrag, disk usage allocation, memory usage, error log checks for consistent issues, make sure cables are secure and out of the way). All computers must be maintained at least once a month.
· Do a walk around and check on each printer (toner, usage, rollers, print test page, includes zebra printers)
· Check all Wifi Points (make sure usage of the wifi points isn’t excessive, no one is streaming)
· Do a Network Health check-up (usage on router, computers, ip address allocation)
· Do rounds once every 2 hours to walk the floor and make sure that everyone is doing alright with their computers, give workers a chance to easily contact you if there are problems
· All Help desk related issues, anything that goes down is your responsibility to fix.
· Research any problems that may arise continuously and make recommendations for purchases to alleviate the problems.
· Toner Inventory upkeep, always keep one type of each toner in stock, make sure to monitor low toner and switch out once all used.
· Phone upkeep and architecture sheet for numbers are your responsibility.
· Setting up Computer and Phones for any new hire (Users, passwords, Image install, Network Access)
· Maintain all IP Phones and their required internet users and logins. Help users navigate these phones.
· Clean and Organized
· Detail Oriented
· Able to multi-task
Qualification & Requirements
· 1+ years of Technical Support experience, with preference to previous experience in a manufacturing environment
· 1+ year of working in a Print Shop with logo printing experience on fabrics
· Ability to learn quickly, self-start, and work in a high paced environment with little supervision
· A+ Hardware an asset
· Degree, Diploma or equivalent course work in Computer Sciences, Networking or Information Systems an asset
All projects will be maintained within the Company Team Site located on Office 365. It is your requirement to work on the projects assigned to you on the site while not working on daily activities. You are responsible for staying on time on the projects assigned to you with due dates, as well as using the comment section of each task to state any work currently in progress on the associated task. It is also your responsibility to create any task that you are currently working on that may not have been assigned to you by your supervisor so that your work can be visible and transparent to your manager. If any project cannot be finished within the given time or due date, this must be immediately communicated to your manager so that other resources may be placed on the task; or the project pushed back and all associated parties alerted to the changed timeline and reasoning for the change for transparent communication. Projects range from finding new software to fill a gap in the business, training users on software’s, any other Hardware/Software related project, and supporting the IT specialist with onboarding new customers.
This person must be a self-starter, able to determine tasks that need to be accomplished and completing them on their own with little to no support or supervision. This person needs to have a wide range of knowledge that allows them to understand the root cause of a problem and fix it at the root rather than deal with the causes each day.