#5738 Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator - Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt I
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $3,897.00/month to $5,474.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
The mission of the Office of Environmental Health & Safety is to protect the health and safety of all members of the campus community and to ensure the campus complies with applicable codes and regulations. Working directly with an array of faculty and staff, EH&S acts to prevent accidents, resolve unsafe conditions, protect the environment, and provide consultation on environmental, health and safety practices and regulatory information.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The EHS Coordinator will be overseeing the campus safety inspection and hazard assessment program; tracks EHS training and chemical inventory/hazard assessment/inspection completions; and assists with implementing various EHS programs such as radiation safety, hazard material and waste management, PPE, and environmental protection programs.
- Manage and track EHS inspection program for both the Hayward and Concord campus, to include fire extinguisher inspections and certification, fume hoods, spray booths, biosafety cabinets, and emergency showers and eyewashes.
- Perform general safety inspections; track inspections for teaching and research labs, mechanical rooms, shops, offices, and other spaces throughout campus; and follow up on corrective actions.
- Track chemical inventory completions, hazard assessments, and inspections in RSS for Science; work with various department throughout campus to complete hazardous material inventory as needed.
- Support Radiation Safety Program.
- Manage EHS training program; to include assigning courses and tracking training in CSULearn, courses conducted by EHS, specific/hands-on safety training conducted by individual department, and student safety training for various departments throughout campus.
- Manage and implement personal protective equipment (PPE) program.
- Conduct and track PPE hazard assessments.
- Support hazardous waste management program.
- Collect samples for lead and asbestos analyses as needed.
- Conduct inspections for SPCC, storm water protection, and FOG program; track and follow up on corrective actions.
- Conduct safety training and respirator fit test.
- Organize and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Customer service orientated
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs, walk on uneven surfaces in all areas of the campus including undeveloped locations (steep slopes), building roofs, ladders, confined spaces etc. Must be able to wear a negative pressure full-face respirator.
Requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience in EHS is preferred.
- BS degree in Science or related field.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
- Cover letter
- List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.