Director, Marketing and Communications
- $94,425 to $120,000 Yearly
Apply Here: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/CSBA.jobs?ShowJob=553826244&TrackId=ZipRecruiter
Under general direction of Chief, Communications, this position leads, oversees, plans, develops, organizes, coordinates, and reviews the work of staff performing difficult and complex professional, technical, and administrative support related to all programs and activities of the marketing function within the Communications Department to ensure the success of Association products, services, and events. Supports the Chief, Communications with media relations and executive communications. The Director leads the development, planning and management of short and long-range activities; manages the effective use of department sources to improve organizational productivity and customer service; provides complex and responsible support to the Chief, Communications in areas of expertise; and performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, manages, and oversees the daily functions, operations and activities associated with the marketing function within the Communications Department, including planning, developing, and implementing overall recommendations and strategies to each Association’s department as they reach out and communicate with the members on a wide variety of departmental programs and projects.
- Oversees Association’s digital presence including management and updating of various websites and related technologies.
- Participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the department; recommends within departmental policy, appropriate service, and staffing levels; recommends and administers policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development, administration, and oversight of departmental budgets.
- Develops and standardizes procedures and methods to improve and continuously monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of assigned programs, service delivery methods, and procedures; assesses and monitors workload, administrative, and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends to the Chief, Communications.
- Develops, drafts, edits, and conducts surveys sent to the membership, including surveys from other departments or survey information gathered by the Association.
- Researches and benchmarks industry standards for communications while keeping the Chief, Communications apprised of our status relative to industry standards and producing performance reports.
- Participates in the selection of, trains, motivates, and evaluates assigned personnel; works with employees to correct deficiencies; recommends discipline to the Chief, Communications.
- Manages third party consultants to produce communications.
- Communicates critical information effectively to the public.
- Writes press releases and prepares information for distribution by media outlets; responds to requests for information from media outlets.
- Drafts speeches, arranges interviews and preps CSBA officers and staff for presentations and media engagements.
- Represents CSBA in the absence of the Chief.
- Maintains and upholds brand standards and positive, professional image and identity for the Association.
- Develops and implements strategic and tactical marketing plans, both short and long-term, to promote various programs and services; provides the goals, target audiences, and tactics with which to market and promote and launch the Association’s programs, products, services, and events.
- In conjunction with Director, Editorial and Director, Graphic Design, proofs and edits all promotional and collateral materials that are sent to the Association’s membership; oversees efforts with each department, the design team, and various printers to produce final product.
- Crafts marketing communications that are disseminated to the membership through mass-email methods.
- Participates as Project Director on key client projects with the goal of ensuring a strategic approach and delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope.
- Oversees the production of new content and updates to the Association’s website, including posting PDF’s, updating verbiage for a particular program or service, and other tasks associated with the Association website.
- Identifies key marketing metrics for each program/project, and regularly analyzes and prepares reports and updates on various departmental marketing strategies to determine whether strategies were successful.
- Oversees video production to provide overall direction and guidance to Association videos, infomercials, and testimonials, such as producing and filming interviews for promotional videos.
- Oversees, coordinates, and develops the presence of the Annual Education Conference Pavilion and tradeshow floor design.
- Oversees, coordinates, and manages all advertising, marketing, branding, and marketing communications for the Annual Education Conference and Trade Show.
- Participates in and makes presentations to a wide variety of committees.
- Maintains and directs the maintenance of working and official departmental files.
- Develops and oversees the execution of survey projects to identify member needs and inform departmental and organizational strategy.
- Monitors changes in regulations and technology that might impact the operation of the marketing communications initiatives of the Communications Department, including regulatory changes in advertising, direct mail, email communication, etc.
- Negotiates and administers contracts with private vendors to provide Association services.
- Provides highly complex staff assistance to the Chief, Communications.
- Conducts a variety of organizational and operational studies and investigations; recommends modifications to assigned programs, policies, and procedures, as appropriate.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in marketing and video production; researches emerging products and enhancements and their applicability to Association needs.
- Monitors changes in regulations and technology that may affect operations; implements policy and procedural changes after approval.
- Receives, investigates, and responds to difficult and sensitive problems and complaints in a professional manner; identifies and reports findings and takes necessary corrective action.
- Reads and demonstrates an understanding and adherence to CSBA values, policies, and practices.
- Demonstrates respect, honesty and professionalism at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- This position may be required to manage and direct other staff, with the responsibility of overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of those roles. This position will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and all applicable laws. Overall responsibilities of this position include, but may not be limited to, interviewing, training, timekeeping, wage and hour management, planning, assigning, directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing and resolving complaints.
California School Boards AssociationWest Sacramento, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.