Chief Financial Officer, Finance & Facilities
- $151,500 to $210,000 Yearly
Apply Here: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/CSBA.jobs?ShowJob=587340163&TrackId=ZipRecruiter
The CFO reports directly to the CEO & Executive Director on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to oversight of all areas of finance, including but not limited to, budget management, cost-benefit analysis, forecasting financial needs, securing new funding, conducting various analysis, financial negotiations, and partnership compliance. The reporting departments are Finance, Payroll, and Facilities. The CFO is a part of the senior leadership team and performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives of the Association.
- Participates in developing new business, specifically: assists the CEO & Executive Director in identifying new funding opportunities, drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Regular evaluations of products and services offered and their impact on CSBA revenue streams; makes recommendations on service improvements and/or discontinuation of services.
- Supervises the budget process with all CSBA departments and provides timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.
- Ensures that effective internal controls are in place and ensures compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Evaluates, recommends, and coordinates changes and improvements to the automated financial and management information systems for CSBA.
- Develops, revises and implements finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
- Establishes and implements short and long-range department goals, objectives, and other operating procedures for the Finance department.
- Interacts with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information systems analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Participates in and makes presentations to the Board of Directors and a wide variety of committees, and boards; performs review of matters in areas of expertise pertaining to the various committees and boards.
- Serves on planning and policy-making committees.
- Ensures a disaster recovery plan is in place.
- Supervises accounting and facilities departments.
- Interacts with other departments relating to CSBA’s property, liability, health, and welfare plans.
- Involved in all other areas of CSBA’s financial management, as directed.
- Reads and demonstrates an understanding and adherence to CSBA values, policies, and practices.
- Demonstrates respect, honesty and professionalism at all times.
- Occasional overnight travel to staff off-site functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position provides for a wide variety of independent decision-making, within legal and general policy and regulatory guidelines. This position may be required to manage and direct other staff, with the responsibility of overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of those roles. This position will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and all applicable laws. Overall responsibilities of this position include, but may not be limited to, interviewing, training, timekeeping and wage & hour management, planning, assigning, directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing and resolving complaints.
California School Boards AssociationWest Sacramento, CA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.