WHAT IS CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN?
We opened our first restaurant in Beverly Hills in 1985. Former federal prosecutors Rick Rosenfield and Larry Flax combined their passion for food with fresh high-quality ingredients to create innovative, hearth-baked pizzas such as The Original BBQ Chicken, Thai Chicken, and Jamaican Jerk Chicken, cooked in an open kitchen. The restaurant gave California a place in the pizza pantheon alongside Chicago and New York. Our California twist on global flavors resonated with guests, and CPK quickly became a bustling spot for business and family gatherings. Almost immediately, after the first location opened, we expanded from California to more than 250 locations in more than 30 states and 11 countries. But it doesn't stop there; you'll also find us bringing smiles to the pizza aisle in your grocer's freezer, taking the edge off travel fatigue in major airports all over the world, feeding eager fans at sports stadiums and students on college campuses.
WHO WE ARE
We are passionate individuals committed to inspiring others by bringing California creativity to every meal. This is the place for taste makers, rule breakers and Earth shakers who conquer challenges by daring to work on the edge and thinking outside the box. We bring the biggest and best parts of ourselves to work and to our communities, and are guided by our ROCKS philosophy (Respect, Opportunity, Communication, Kindness and Service). We are committed to moving people forward and encourage everyone to apply their passion at CPK. So go ahead. Be bold. Be you. Be epic!
- Comprehensive 10-week training program
- Tremendously passionate, one-of-a-kind company culture
- Opportunities for growth and development. We love promoting from within!
- Competitive salary and a highly competitive bonus structure
- Manager meals while working and a quarterly Management Dine-Out card to enjoy with your family and friends
- An environment where you can express your unique talents and skills
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision
- Deliver phenomenal guest experience
- Deliver on culinary expectations within the brand – lead the team to ensure proper recipe execution and CPK standards
- Lead and inspire the team with a people-first mentality to build on CPK's best in class culture
- Build a team around hospitality and culinary execution and developing top talent to drive the business forward - foster career growth and cross training for the team
- Build sales, profitability, and guest counts
- Manage the P&L for the restaurant
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting, adjusting labor expenditures, practicing portion controls, preparing budgets, and analyzing variances
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment by establishing, following, and complying with sanitation standards and procedures
- Minimum of two years FOH & BOH management experience in a high volume, faced paced restaurant
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Exceptional leadership skills – ability to motivate, inspire and develop a team
- Passionate about execution, hospitality and service
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to computer terminals. The noise level and temperature is moderate. The employee has the ability to sit, stand and/or walk for up to 10 hours a day. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend or kneel, lift up to 40 lbs. and perform other diverse physical tasks as needed. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: CPK reserves the right to revise or change the position plan as the need arises. This position plan is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
California Pizza Kitchen is an Equal Opportunity Employer