SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Global Creative Director will build and lead our internal CPK creative team charged with developing all of our brand and product work. Reporting directly to the CMO, he/she will oversee the daily activities of creatives working on high visibility projects for all aspects of our global and domestic business.
To be successful in this role, he/she need to be a hands-on Creative Director with a proven ability to motivate those around with their vision and dedication to creative excellence. This person will have successfully demonstrated translating business goals and customer data into inspiring creative, a proven track record for earning trust and influencing creatives across different teams and disciplines, and are a person that can think big and be practical and know when one is more important that the other.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Build and lead a team
- Align on the overall marketing vision with CMO and provide a recommendation on how the creative team should be structured
- Assess current team and make appropriate new hires – designers, copywriters, content creators and/or anything else that may be required – to deliver great work
- Provide ongoing positive mentorship and guidance of all team members
- Push the quality of the work and craft forward every day
- Develop the culture of the team to ensure they are engaged – healthy, happy, inventive, curious and open
- Enthusiastically serve as our primary brand story teller
- Lead industry-changing creative in digital and physical environments
- Provide creative discipline and craft across all projects
- Guide the team in the overall direction, style, and methodology behind the work
- Build upon the vision and ideas of others to create something bigger
Lead projects big + small
- Provide day-to-day creative ownership
- Actively participate in creative development and project initiation
Education, Training, and Work Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in design, advertising, or related fields preferred
- At least 8 years of professional experience in advertising/marketing at an agency or client
- Recent experience developing and launching original content and/or campaigns
- Proven experience managing, training and mentoring designers and copywriters
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating creative campaigns and marketing work with role clearly defined
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- An ability to prioritize between business owners and internal priorities / constraints
- Strong knowledge of creative process and project management
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to negotiate and coordinate across multiple groups and disciplines
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to gracefully defend your design decisions to executive management
- An enthusiasm for understanding the trends in retail
- A digital native
- A passion for food
- A love for creativity
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to computer terminals. The noise level and temperature is moderate. The employee has the ability to sit, stand and/or walk for up to 10 hours a day. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend or kneel, lift up to 40 lbs. and perform other diverse physical tasks as needed. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to climb on roof through the roof hatch and ladder and open up all roof top equipment to inspect for preventative maintenance. Must be able to climb a ladder inside the restaurant to look above the ceiling for inspections, must be able to look into, bind and under all equipment.
NOTE: CPK reserves the right to revise or change the position plan as the need arises. This position plan is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
CPK will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and any other state, federal or local law.