SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Brand Director will be responsible for all marketing and general management activities to build the CPK brand both domestically and internationally. The candidate should have a blend of experiences and skills across consumer marketing, commercialization, financial management and operations. Candidate should thrive on teamwork and know how to champion a brand and motivate both internal and external partners.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Lead brand strategy development to ensure CPK is set up for long term growth.
- Build and execute the international marketing plan for CPK’s expansion into Europe, Asia and other new markets.
- Lead CPK’s brand content and media planning in partnership with both external agencies and CPK’s internal creative team.
- Develop and communicate written briefs for use by agencies or suppliers (e.g., creative, advertising, packaging, product development, media, consumer promotions, merchandising, licensed or specialty merchandise, etc.) to direct their work activities in order to generate concepts for effective execution of marketing programs and objectives (e.g., drive trail, increase loyalty).
- Review items for approval (e.g., merchandise, packaging, marketing programs, e-commerce, point-of-sale, advertising, etc.) by using brand/legal/creative/quality assurance guidelines in order to enhance the brand image, protect CPK and comply with contractual obligations to third parties (e.g., licensors, rights-holders).
- Apply a general management mindset across all touchpoints in managing:
- Brand messaging, communications and system engagement
- Annual brand planning, product innovation / packaging
- Marketing budget, forecasting and brand P&L management
- Creative development, advertising and media planning
- Retail activation (customer marketing) and consumer promotions
- Public relations and strategic partnerships
- Market research
Education, Training, and Work Experience
- Minimum of seven years of experience in brand marketing.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- Solid understanding of promotion and media planning- both grassroots and across major mediums (OOH, radio, print, new digital)
- P&L Management Skills
- Management of major Product and Package Innovation Initiatives
- Agency Project Management experience including budget management
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analysis, strategic thinking, creative thinking, team leadership, planning, organizing, problem solving skills.
- Passion for understanding consumer behavior and building strong brand positioning strategies
- Innovation experience (demonstrated ability to lead a concept from idea to shelf)
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for winning
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Brand Marketing Strategy: Knowledge of information used to define brand strategic corridors and develop appropriate business solutions for local market activation.
- Brand Marketing Development: Ability to lead the development, communication and stewardship of global brand positioning, architectures and policies/guidelines.
- Marketing Innovation: Ability to identify and develop innovative ideas (e.g., product, packaging, activations) in order to create a proprietary advantage for CPK
- Marketing Research Resources: Knowledge of industry (e.g., consumer, customer, fashion) research resources (e.g., attitude and usage, trend resources) and their application.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to computer terminals. The noise level and temperature is moderate. The employee has the ability to sit, stand and/or walk for up to 10 hours a day. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend or kneel, lift up to 40 lbs. and perform other diverse physical tasks as needed. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: CPK reserves the right to revise or change the position plan as the need arises. This position plan is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
CPK will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and any other state, federal or local law.