PLANT PLANNER & ANALYST
- Posted: over a month ago
The Plant Planner & Analyst is responsible for creating effective daily and weekly production schedules designed to balance demand, supply, and volume. This planning should translate into short and long-term needs for the operations team to produce as efficiently as possible while keeping finished good inventory levels as low as possible and preventing stock-outs. This role provides support to various departments. They must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment and provide quick responses to production problems. The Plant Planner & Analyst must be knowledgeable of the production process and able to comprehend and improve reports. The Plant Planner & Analyst will drive process and procedure management improvement and help fulfill company expectations.
- Assume primary responsibility for creating, scheduling, and distributing production work orders and bulk oil movements on all lines to ensure on time manufacturing and shipments of products.
- Schedule identical and similar production runs to eliminate duplicate machine setups and maximize efficiency whenever possible.
- Schedule production work orders to minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of time, manpower, equipment, and facilities.
- Assist across Operations in report generation and analysis projects and needs using supporting programs while self-managing workload to ensure timely completion of projects without a negative impact to scheduling and planning needs.
- Drive process development and improvements with and across departments.
- Attend daily production meetings with operations management to check in on daily progress and discuss or resolve any production issues that may arise.
- Lead weekly production meetings to align cross functional departments on the production plan and clearly communicate watchouts or concerns regarding staffing, materials, or finished good inventory.
- Attend weekly meetings with Customer Service and Logistics to review finished good inventory and provide production dates or timeline on when product will be arriving to warehouses.
- Communicate with department supervisors and leads to determine progress of issued work.
- Interface with all departments in the facility on material status, quality issues and production planning issues.
- Document and review production performance weekly.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed; must exemplify leadership values.
- Aid in monthly sales forecast calls to maintain proper inventory levels and finished goods.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to perform and review all required transaction in Microsoft Dynamics Navision ERP system to ensure accuracy and resolve problems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to perform in-depth analysis and reporting utilizing software systems such as Microsoft Dynamics Navision, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects and adapt at a rapid rate of change.
- Ability to read and understand company policies and procedures and implement appropriately.
- Assist in problem solving and in making this a more effective organization.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to read and write the English language.
- Manage details of multiple projects in an efficient and organized method.
- 2- or 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- Bilingual preferred.
- Ability to make good decisions in stressful situations.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, agile manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work well and multi-task in a fast-paced and flexible environment with a diverse group of people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work varying hours, some weekends, and varying schedules.
- Valid California driver’s license
California Olive Ranch Inc
ManufacturingView all jobs at California Olive Ranch Inc