Senior Compliance & Operations Officer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Compliance & Operations Officer
This is an in-office position, requires on-site work (5) days per week.
Only applicants who reside in the Los Angeles Region and submit a cover letter will be considered.
***CCF IS A MANDATORY VACCINATION EMPLOYER***
California Community Foundation's mission is to lead positive systemic change that strengthens Los Angeles communities. We envision a future where all Angelenos have the opportunity to contribute to the productivity, health and well-being of our region. And we believe that our common fate will be determined by how successfully we improve the quality of life for all our residents. The impact we help create is of, by and for Los Angeles, because the community is our foundation.
CCF seeks to build a strong and diverse community. We strive to be an employer of choice – offering a competitive compensation package, development opportunities and a rewarding environment. CCF believes in equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or other protected status. We consider qualified applicants in a manner consistent with federal, state, and local laws.
Position Summary: This position handles grant contract compliance and administration, with a focus on government funding. This position will oversee budget development and management, invoicing, grant management, funder relationships, fiscal agent engagements, financial analysis, insurance, and audits. The officer coordinates with multiple teams including Grants Management, Finance & Legal, and Programs. This role develops and manages policies and procedures for grant and contract compliance, processes and technology, and is responsible for the training and education of staff on related issues. Serves as a primary point of contact for all external and internal questions regarding contract compliance. Supervises staff in the Operations Department.
- Contract Compliance Policies and Procedures: Maintains and develops policies and procedures related to contract compliance and budgeting, including processes for grants and vendor subcontracts and financial reporting, monitoring and auditing. Stays current on applicable regulations, including State, Federal and IRS rules and regulations, as well as contract compliance, contract budgeting, and common practices in the administration of public funds. Along with Operations, Finance, Programs, and/or Donor Relations and Development teams, analyzes data or common issues to identify areas needing improvement related to public private partnerships or other external funding, then creates or edits foundation policies, trains and monitors as appropriate.
- Contract Tracking and Financial Reporting: Ensures contract compliance in terms of invoicing for payments and/or reporting deliverables. Provides any CCF financial information as necessary for reporting on grant or loan contracts. Leads appropriate Foundation staff through any audits related to government contracts and grants.
- Grants and Funds Management: Coordinates with Programmatic staff and Grants Director for government funded subrecipient solicitations and work across teams to establish grantmaking structure to ensure contract compliance, including procurement processes for grant applications, awards, grant agreements, reporting, monitoring, etc. Supports Grants Management and Legal in compliance for fiscal sponsorship funds, international grantmaking, and lobbying and advocacy.
- Staff Management & Training: Trains new and current staff on CCF contract compliance through group and individual trainings. Creates and refines training materials and identifies need for and leads larger training sessions when necessary.
- Applications for Funding: Serves as key contact for evaluating and negotiating opportunities for funding from government entities. Plans for operational changes needed to comply with opportunities. Coordinates provision of any CCF financial information or content for applications for funding from government or foundation entities.
- Departmental Coordination: Serves as liaison between all departments to ensure timely and accurate contract compliance, grants management and accounting service.
- General: As appropriate, assists other departments and works as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of CCF. At all times, demonstrates cooperative behavior with supervisors and coworkers. Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree preferred
- Experience: Ten or more years related experience required with experience in contract compliance, grants management, nonprofit governance, and transactional experience preferred.
- Communication: Confident presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Project Management Skills: Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work effectively and adjust to multiple demands within set deadlines. Ability to design and implement effective grants management processes and procedures.
- Problem Solving: Ability to interpret and analyze complex data and exercise initiative, sound judgment, and problem-solving.
- Technical: Internet competency and strong computer proficiency, including mastery of the Microsoft Office software suite and a familiarity with database software, is required. Knowledge of Raiser's Edge, Financial Edge and grantmaking software preferred.
- Teamwork & General Skills: Ability to work well independently and as team member. Ability to take initiative and follow tasks through to completion.
California Community Foundation
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Get fresh Senior Compliance Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.