Branch Senior (Encinitas Branch)
- Posted: over a month ago
This position is accountable for assisting the Branch Manager with providing exceptional service with a focus on operations, obtaining organizational goals, branch growth, staff development, implementing policies and procedures and embracing the credit union’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Service Goals: 4.00 rating or above required on a 5 point scale.
Sales Expectations: Meet/exceed established monthly/annual sales goals (may change annually)
o Consumer loan annual funding goal: $2 million plus
o Real estate loan annual goal: $2.7 million plus
o New member annual goal: 240 new members
o Consumer loan protection products 30% loan penetration
o Core Product Ratio: 1.80 products
o Additional referral requirements: Auto buying service, investment products and credit union promotional products and services.
Cash Drawer: $5,000.00
This position reports directly to the Assistant Branch Manager or Branch Supervisor. No employees report directly to this position.
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Guides and monitors departmental workflow, ensuring assigned duties are completed and/or processed in a timely manner. Maintains regular communication with management.
- Mentors employees to achieve individual, branch and credit union goals. Acts as an informational resource and provides guidance, motivation, training and direction to other employees. Provides feedback to staff on procedures, policies and training issues as appropriate, and provides feedback to management on employee performance appraisals.
- Assists with creation of schedule to ensure proper coverage is maintained at all times.
- Performs review of audit areas and certifications to comply with credit union policies and procedures. Ensures branch is in compliance.
· May serve as a Notary.
· Assists or conducts staff meetings to effectively communicate branch expectations, vision and operational efficiencies. This will include weekly meetings, robbery and security training, and sales updates.
· Elevated authority level to assist with overrides and transaction approval.
- Ensures new acct and loan processing/documents are accurate and complete, that underwriter stipulations are met and appropriate information is documented.
- Actively manages loan queues to ensure approved loans are funded.
- Performs wide range of operational and lending transactions. May be required to maintain a cash drawer.
- Participates in activities to increase member growth and retention, to promote products and services and meet individual assigned goals.
- Opens new accounts and analyzes member financial service needs. Seeks opportunities to increase household penetration of credit union products and services.
- Processes consumer and real estate loans.
- Assists with complex transactions and products and services. Resolves member issues by utilizing appropriate resources.
- Ensures member correspondence is professional and accurate.
- Identifies questionable or suspicious transaction activity, reporting it to management in order to protect the credit union from potential losses. Performs necessary steps to ensure BSA/AML compliance to reduce risk to the credit union.
- Adheres to credit union policies and procedures.
- Performs other relevant and related duties as required.
Education, skills, & abilities:
The Eight Superpowers
1. Provides leadership through modeling of behaviors and bringing forward new ideas and new ways of doing things.
2. Demonstrates empathy, self-reflection, and adjustment of own behaviors, showing effective emotional intelligence.
3. Practices active listening in communications with others, giving someone full attention and listening to understand, not just respond.
4. Demonstrates grit, persisting in application of knowledge, skills, and behaviors to achieve goals and address obstacles.
5. Models intrinsic motivation; is self-driven to meet or exceed objectives, timelines, and quality measures while building and sustaining effective relationships.
6. Applies creative problem-solving to provide clarity, handle resources under one’s control, and address stressful situations; finds ways to meet individual, team, and member goals, by navigating through barriers.
7. Shares a diverse set of perspectives, work and life experiences, as well as religious and cultural differences. Actively seeks out differences in values, ideas, and priorities. Respects and value the differences of others, including but not limited to: national origin, language, race, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and family structures. Believes a diverse workplace is essential to the company’s success.
8. Values and shows appreciating for the unique qualities and experiences of each person-inclusion; appreciates and effectively utilizes the talents and skills of others to achieve objectives; is open to the perspective of others; and encourages collaboration, flexibility and fairness. Makes each employee feel valued and supported for their unique qualities.
Other Education, Skills, and Abilities
- The experience as acquired from a high school diploma or equivalent plus three (3) years of experience in a financial institution performing the full range of new account, loan and operation functions.
- Must maintain registration as Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (Safe Act) and regularly provide this unique MLO registration number to all consumers as part of their daily work in mortgage lending.
- Requires strong sales and service skills.
- Working knowledge of negotiable instruments. Knowledge of applicable financial industry rules and regulations. Skill and ability to perform the full range of complex financial transactions with a high degree of accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of financial products and services. Knowledge of more complex accounts/loan products and services to include IRA’s, Real Estate, escheated accounts, decedent accounts, trusts and other legal issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing.
- Requires demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to effectively coach, train, develop and motivate others. Acts as a role model for co-workers, displaying a professional and positive attitude at all times.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and analyze and resolve problems independently. Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work, demonstrate good judgment and organizational skills and resolve conflicts with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to appear for work on time, follow directions from a supervisor, interact effectively with coworkers, understand and follow posted work rules and procedures, and accept constructive criticism.
- Occasional Saturday, Sunday and evening shifts may be required to accommodate branch, Business Development and Community Relations functions.
· Ability to operate standard business machines such as computer, printer, fax, copier and telephonic devices.
· NMLS registration required.
- Ensures sales and service goals are met.
- Guides, motivates, trains, and coaches branch staff with operational/branch processes. Contribute feedback to management and observe counseling, hiring and termination process to gain Supervisory knowledge to prepare for possible advancement.
- Assists with scheduling.
- Performs audits and certifications.
- Conducts staff meetings.
- Assists with overrides and transaction authorizations.
- Processes new accounts and loans accurately and completely.
- Adheres to cash, key and dual control policies and procedures.
- Adheres to security and robbery procedures.
- Complies with policies and procedures.
· Ability to tolerate long periods of sitting with occasional walking/standing.
· Ability to use keyboard, mouse and other peripherals.
· Work is primarily performed within an office setting. Subject to standard background noise found in an office environment.
Note: Staff is expected to perform various tasks, projects and administrative duties as assigned.
Management reserves the right to assign or change duties and tasks to this position at their discretion.
California Coast Credit
AddressSan Diego, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at California Coast Credit